Solved

Prepaid SIM card

• 19 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Does iD provide a prepaid SIM card for visitors from abroad? My daughter is coming over from Australia and needs a UK SIM card including Data for approx 30 days.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 April 2024, 11:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only

Have you looked online at the above, for PAYG options from iD, @BBofDon?

Userlevel 1

Thanks will have a look at that option

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BBofDon,

It looks like @andewhite has answered your query.

If you require further assistance, please get back to us.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash thanks for your response.

I did look on the PAYG option but don’t think what I want is available, the closest being a PAYG monthly contract as I see it?

I need a prepaid SIM card incl of data, calls & texts and which expires after 30 days/activation.

My daughter coming over from Australia for 3 weeks and will need a phone.

Thanks again

Userlevel 3

Hey there @BBofDon, thank you for your patience. We do indeed have either PAYG, 1-month rolling, 12-month and 24-month contracts. The one month rolling contract you’re welcome to leave anytime, but a 30-day disconnection would need to be processed, or a PAC code.

Also, if your Daughter is coming from abroad, then unless you already live in the UK and have done so for more than 3 years, and the contract was in your name, then she wouldn’t be able to get a contract with us, as 3-years of UK address history is needed, if the contract was to be in her name.

With PAYG, you can purchase a call, texts and data bundle, and welcome to leave us anytime.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tyler...very helpful.

It was my intention to buy ta SIM card by whatever option available already loaded with data, calls etc. I would then send it to her in Australia so that when she lands in the UK she simply switches her exg SIM for the one sent by me and contact me re travel arrangements/problems etc. from the start of her visit . She would only need it for the 3 week period she was in the UK and then I would have no further use of it and terminate the contract ASAP.

Thanks again

Why iD Mobile?