Question

Receiving Voicemails when in the USA

• 4 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,  

I’m travelling to Canada and the USA in 3 weeks time on holiday. Can you please confirm if there will be any charges to my account for receiving voicemails, even if I do not listen to them until I’m back in the UK.

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi,  

I’m travelling to Canada and the USA in 3 weeks time on holiday. Can you please confirm if there will be any charges to my account for receiving voicemails, even if I do not listen to them until I’m back in the UK.

Thanks

• Consider turning your voicemail off
  • The cost of using voicemail abroad will come out of your minutes if you're in one of our 50 Inclusive Roaming destinations. If you've got no minutes left, or you're in another destination, you'll be charged the same rate as calling the UK from that destination.

Hi JoeKing,

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I’m a gas engineer so receive a lot of voice calls. I could turn my voicemail off but I don’t want my customers to think i’ve disappeared. I want to leave a message on my voicemail saying i’m on holiday and will respond to them when i’m back.

Userlevel 4

@Flashbglr  I hear you and I won't respond with gas joke's. Yes that's the best thing to do leave a personalised message. Enjoy your vacation 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Flashbglr,

Welcome to the Community!

You won’t be charged if someone leaves you a voicemails.

Standard roaming charges will apply for listening to your voicemail messages when you’re abroad so as you mentioned you can check them when you get back.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?