Solved

removal of free roaming charges in 2022

• 15 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Are ID Mobile removing free roaming throughout Europe and introducing some form of daily charge like some of the other mobile companies or are they continuing to provide charge free roaming in Europe like O2 and Virgin?

icon

Best answer by Emil 17 January 2022, 12:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d say iD will probably be introducing roaming charges, similar to EE, Vodafone and three in 2022.

Userlevel 1

Looks like I will be moving to another company then as I spend a lot of time in Spain, why pay roaming charges when I can avoid them.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Why indeed, although I guess it depends how much time you spend roaming in the EU.

It might be worth waiting until iD actually announce their plans for EU roaming before you do decide to leave, as it’ll be difficult to match iD’s UK tariffs on O2 or Virgin Media.

Userlevel 1

I spend 17 weeks per year in Spain so even at £2 per day this would be very expensive. I could also get a sim card from Lobster where I can make free calls to the UK from the EU.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Dearnie and @andewhite 

The are currently no plans to change our Roaming policy or its charges. If this did change in the future, we would communicate this to customers proactively. 

Emil

Why iD Mobile?