Solved

Replacement SIM activated.. then stopped working

Hello

I have received a replacement SIM. After speaking to a rep on the chat service to activate it, it began working fine, then a few hours later it stopped working. I’ve tried the replacement SIM in different phones, and although they detect other SIMs, they cannot detect the ID mobile SIM. Calls to the SIM say that they cannot connect the call. I can’t log into my ID mobile account or use the app to see what is happening, because it wants me to verify my number, but the SIM cannot send or receive any calls or messages at all. Does anyone have a clue? Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Kash 14 May 2024, 13:28

View original

10 replies

Contact idmoblie via chat in opening hours hopefully this will help 

Cheers Darren. Will do, just curious as to how a new replacement SIM can be unactivated, activated, then unactivated again.

Another question. How am I supposed to activate a replacement SIM with ID mobile? The online process says you need to log in to your account and receive an SMS for verification. But how can you receive an SMS if your phone isn’t activated ??

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Cheers Darren. Will do, just curious as to how a new replacement SIM can be unactivated, activated, then unactivated again.

Another question. How am I supposed to activate a replacement SIM with ID mobile? The online process says you need to log in to your account and receive an SMS for verification. But how can you receive an SMS if your phone isn’t activated ??

Perhaps questions only iD Mobile can answer, @Planetx

The iD customer advisers work until 8pm on weekdays - their chatbot works 24/7.

Perhaps questions only iD Mobile can answer, @Planetx

The iD customer advisers work until 8pm on weekdays - their chatbot works 24/7.

Thanks @andewhite. Unfortunately the live chat was not helpful. I tried contacting several times, each time there was a separate issue with the SIM and the issue looked increasingly unlikely to be resolved. I decided to cancel my contract and go with a cheaper one. A shame because the service has been 99% perfect up until now. Maybe I’ll come back but it seems like there are some technical issues at the moment and I really need a reliable SIM lol. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @andewhite. Unfortunately the live chat was not helpful. I tried contacting several times, each time there was a separate issue with the SIM and the issue looked increasingly unlikely to be resolved. I decided to cancel my contract and go with a cheaper one. A shame because the service has been 99% perfect up until now. Maybe I’ll come back but it seems like there are some technical issues at the moment and I really need a reliable SIM lol. 

Okay @Planetx, thanks for the update.
Curious to know which new service provider you’ve chosen? - TIA.

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Planetx 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve decided to leave us, best of luck with your new provider.

Tom

Hi @Planetx 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve decided to leave us, best of luck with your new provider.

I’m sorry too, the service has been top notch up until now. In addition I had to use the live chat several times and have had to spend ages haggling with live chat people to get anywhere, very time-consuming! I’d still recommend the service but that live chat is not much fun to use. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m sorry too, the service has been top notch up until now. In addition I had to use the live chat several times and have had to spend ages haggling with live chat people to get anywhere, very time-consuming! I’d still recommend the service but that live chat is not much fun to use. 

Sadly, it seems more often than not, iD Live Chat ‘sucks’, @Planetx

Luckily I discovered using Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter) to privately message iD for support was much more effective. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Planetx,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to contact the Social Media Team as @andewhite requested?

If you require further assistance, please get back to us here.

Kash

Hi @Planetx,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to contact the Social Media Team as @andewhite requested?

If you require further assistance, please get back to us here.

Kash

Hi Kash. I don't tend to use social media and find it a pain to set up (do you know facebook requires your picture now!?) if there are any issues with the PAC though I'll definitely reach out. 👍

Why iD Mobile?