Solved

Roaming in india

• 11 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi , I have post paid ID sim in contract ,when i stay in india ,

Reciving text and calls (without picking) -Is this free or will be charged ?

Which network will be linked in india ?

Thanks 

preeti

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 October 2023, 17:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you use your iD SIM card in India @Preeti Kathir, you’ll be charged for receiving calls. 
Text messages are free to receive in any destination.

The iD roaming partners in India are listed in the “Full list of international roaming partners” section of forum article Where can I use inclusive roaming?

The current charges for roaming in India are as follows:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Preeti Kathir,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that @andewhite answered your query.

If you require further assistance or  information you can get back to us here.

Kash

How can you add a package so you get free calls from India to uk? I have Id sim only deal u think I pay £6 a month? I’m in India for 3 weeks? I just wanted to be able to FaceTime 2 daily to my family? And send texts messages? How much would that cost?

also calling from my is sim in India to a number in India how much will that cost?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How can you add a package so you get free calls from India to uk? I have Id sim only deal u think I pay £6 a month? I’m in India for 3 weeks? I just wanted to be able to FaceTime 2 daily to my family? And send texts messages? How much would that cost?

also calling from my is sim in India to a number in India how much will that cost?

There are no iD Mobile roaming packages for India, @Sunny Kaur Sandhu

FaceTime would be free whenever you were connected to a Wi-Fi network.

If your iD account bill cap was high enough, any calls, sent texts, and roaming mobile data would be charged to your iD account as follows: 

Ok that’s ashame. Yeah Ino FaceTime with Wi-Fi/Facebook messenger with wi fi.

so I’d have to buy a local pay as you sim. Any idea where I can get this from India?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok that’s ashame. Yeah Ino FaceTime with Wi-Fi/Facebook messenger with wi fi.

so I’d have to buy a local pay as you sim. Any idea where I can get this from India?

I’ve not been to India recently, but in the USA and Australia, you can buy local PAYG SIM cards in the airport arrivals hall.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sunny Kaur Sandhu 

Unfortunately as suggested by @andewhite we don’t offer an add on like you’ve suggested, sorry about this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?