sim not working

• 2 November 2023
  • 12 replies

Hi there i have recently entered into a contract with I’d mobile, I received the new handset and sim today, however when I go to activate my sim in he new handset it says no service and therefore I can’t register an account with I’d mobile, I’ve had to log in through Facebook. 

now I am waiting for my old number to be ported over to this new sim however shouldn’t the sim I received be already activated so I can sort a new account? 

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Nick Harris-Charles, a new customer should get an already activated iD SIM card. 

If the new SIM doesn’t work, you might need to get a replacement. 

Ok thankyou, is it still free to get one from Currys? Also if I agreed to this contract online through carphone warehouse would I be able to go into the store and talk to them about the situation? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Nick Harris-Charles, I’m just a forum member like yourself. 
I’d say the retailer that sold you your package-deal would probably be the best place to start.

Currys should be able to provide a free replacement iD SIM card.

OK thanks for the fast response 👍

Cheers nick 

Hi mate I also recently became a customer, and I have the exact same problem. The reason is nothing to do with your SIM but the network.

Please check https://community.idmobile.co.uk/member/activation?userid=115941&token=ca1c61dd62b618b0287350c7b35340ab and click the “Status Checker” (not “Coverage Checker”), enter your postcode and see if you have reception. I have been getting a “our engineers are working” message for days.

They have also tried to f0b me off a few times with the same old replcement sim card answer or saying it will be sorted by midnight.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi mate I also recently became a customer, and I have the exact same problem. The reason is nothing to do with your SIM but the network.

Please check https://community.idmobile.co.uk/member/activation?userid=115941&token=ca1c61dd62b618b0287350c7b35340ab and click the “Status Checker” (not “Coverage Checker”), enter your postcode and see if you have reception. I have been getting a “our engineers are working” message for days.

They have also tried to f0b me off a few times with the same old replacement sim card answer or saying it will be sorted by midnight.

Perhaps @shaznay, but I’ve had that message displayed in the network status checker at my location for over 12-months, yet I’m able to connect to the mobile network no problem. 

It does appear many live chat agents don’t appear to know much about how mobile networks actually work, and appear to pick answers from a list hoping they’re correct.

Thanks for the replies I've tried the status checker and everything seems fine in my area.

I've also tried the sim in another phone.  

I just don't know what else to do because the sim isn't active, unless it'll activate when my old number gets ported? 

Also if I get a replacement sim, would my old number port to that one? 

If any of you mystery id mobile customer service people are out there I'd appreciate the help. 

Failing that I'm still well within the 14 day cooling off period, so I can just go to a different network. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Nick Harris-Charles sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with your SIM.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

The only thing to do with these people is open a complaint via 0800 049 2402. The chatbot is absolutely pointless, I had no ability to send or recv calls since I started on 28 Nov, got fed up and wanted to cancel.

The only way things will be fixed is calling that number and opening a complaint by talking to a human.

I have the same problem I need a replacement sim

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lynnette12,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that you were able to get a replacement SIM card.

If you are still having issues obtaining a SIM, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?