Skip to main content

I’m able to send SMS text messages and they are being received but they always come up with an error message failed to send on my IPhone. I’ve been told this is a carrier issue and I don’t know how to fix it. I have already tried turning off and on iMessage leaving for 10 minutes after switching my phone off and trying again like I’ve seen is suggested to do. This hasn’t made any difference. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Hi @Poppy Murphy 

Have you tried a network settings reset?

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset eDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

I’ve just tried this and I’m still getting the error message 

Hi @Poppy Murphy 

It may be worth trying the following;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Tom

I need further help this hasn’t worked. I have been to my local curry’s store and they have tried and it still hasn’t solved the issue. I have had my diagnostics checked via the apple team and still this hasn’t fixed it. The apple care team believe there is an issue with my sim and they have run multiple tests and everything is working fine and set correctly on the phone. Is there any way I can get assistance please? I believe there is an issue with my SIM

Hi @Poppy Murphy,

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team and they can escalate this to the Technical Team if required.

Kash