Question

Stolen Phone; can't re-register account to order a new sim

• 7 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi

My phone was stolen last night. I have suspended the sim through the IVR, but because of the need to re-register (which we were not notified of) for the new app, I am unable to access my account (since it requires confirmation via text to the phone number). I cannot order a replacement sim without accessing my account. Complete mess. If someone could contact me directly it would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Ben

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Morning @Ben9410,

The quickest way to get a replacement SIM is to visit a Currys store. Head to the Mobile section, and they’ll provide you a new one. Alternatively, chat to us, and we’ll get one sent out in the post, but this will take 3-5 working days to arrive, depending how quick Royal Mail is in your area!

Once you’ve got a new SIM, you’ll need to chat to us again to get it activated. 

Thanks.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for getting back. I’ve got a new sim card but cannot activate online since I need account details, which I cannot get into because of the need to re register through a phone number. So if someone could message me directly to get it sorted that would be great. Thank you.

Ben

Userlevel 2

Hi @Ben9410,

Getting your SIM reactivated through our Live Chat team shouldn’t require an SMS to be sent to your number. They will ask some security questions to validate you are the Account Holder, but that is all! 

Thanks.

Hi Matthew,

It doesnt require an SMS but it does require I have access to my online account, which I do not because of the need to re register, which I cannot do without adding my ID phone number, which I do not have because my phone was stolen and the sim was suspended. 

Thanks

And when I press the ‘I don’t have an ID Mobile Number’ link on the sign in page, it just redirects me to the home screen.

Thanks

Userlevel 2

Hi @Ben9410,

I’ve just sent you a Private Message.

Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?