Solved

Stop after 1 month contract but not cacell

• 14 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi

I see your 1 month is different from Voxi & GiffGaff, with them I can just stop paying after monthly contract is up and keep the sim for future use when I need to but your ‘1 month’ is not ‘1 month’ but two months (if into 2nd month of usage) which is false advertisement, is it not, since I got to give 30 days notice?

Say I used 28 days of my 1 month contract but no longer need it for the next month, I got to give you 30 days notice, why? I paid for the 1 month service in advance and do not need the 2nd month for now.

I use multiple sims (mobile operators), because I get better signal and internet speed at different locations in the UK.
I am with EE and at work, I will get either 18mpbs down at my desk or if I put phone in another location in the office it goes up to 80mbps - on EE I used to get 200mbps until the cell tower was relocated.

Voxi is good where my family lives and ID Mobile is brilliant at work but really bad at home vs EE.

So as you can see, this is why I signed up to your monthly sim but from what I read - this is not technically true if I am 20 days in on my 2nd month of having the sim card.

How can I pause my monthly sim when I am not in the office, where I can reactivate it again when I need to?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 14 May 2023, 10:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot just stop and start a pay monthly contract plan whenever you feel like it, like you can with a pay as you go plan. Voxi and GiffGaff are pay as you go, iD Mobile is not.

The “1 Month” refers to the minimum term that you must serve before giving notice to cancel penalty free. There is as you found out, a notice period for said cancellation requests, but you can use a PAC or STAC and thus, you bypass any notice period. Same for all the networks!

SMARTY is more suited for your needs.

Cheers for Smarty tip, I'll give them a go

I see that live chat not working

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 4724728290654140617

I try later 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It’s a known issue… Log out of your iD Mobile community account before accessing their main website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GGMan 

The 1 month plans with us are rolling contracts, so if we aren’t given notice for a cancellation the plan would continue and continue to be charged, if you wish to have a 1 month contract SIM but only for that month you may need to give 30 days notice very shortly after purchasing.

You wouldn’t be able to pause an ongoing plan, a Pay As You Go option may be a better method in your use case.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?