Skip to main content

About 4 days ago, I was unable to make or recieve calls. 

Samsung A50s. 

I can still make and receive texts and use data. 

It says 3 Network in the corner of my screen rather than ID mobile now, although I'm not sure if that was always the case. 

I've tried the sim in two other phones. And i can make and receive calls, no problem. 

I've tried other sims (but not ID mobile) in my Samsung A50s, and they work fine. 

So the issue seems to be the ID Mobile sim not working fully with my Samsung. 

I checked do not disturb and flight mode not on, and call forwarding etc, no issues there. 

I reset the network link - took it off search network automatically and manual select - ID mobile doesn't come up but 3 Network does - which I assume is correct as they use 3.

But even after selecting it manually, i still can't make or receive calls. 

Finally I did a whole factory reset. Waste of time. Didn't make a difference. 

I contacted ID Mobile, they are investigating. I also asked for a replacement sim to be sent. 

I did read that ID Mobile are phasing out 3G, but my phone is 4G capable so can't be linked to that. 

That's my day.  I've exhausted all possibilities. 

Any ideas or similar issues welcome. 

Hi @MissBronch,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your coverage.

Have you tested a different network SIM in your Samsung S10e?

It sounds like the handset may be faulty which is what is causing the problem as you mentioned it worked fine in another device.

Kash

Hi @MissBronch,

Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your coverage.

Have you tested a different network SIM in your Samsung S10e?

It sounds like the handset may be faulty which is what is causing the problem as you mentioned it worked fine in another device.

Kash

It's not the phone mate

You're network has switched off support for certain bands. 

I switched out. You're customer service is useless 

Hi there @Riprop, we’re very sorry that you feel that way, and completely appreciate your frustrations, and we wish you all the best with your new network.

Kind regards,

Tyler

For anyone experiencing this issue, I moved to Talk Mobile. 

For the same price I paid ID per month, I get more data. 

And I can actually make and receive calls. 

It was far quicker to swap out to another network than it was dealing with ID Mobiles poor customer service. 

Both I and my wife have Galaxy A40 phones. Neither now will make or receive calls but texts and whatsapp are fine. this from May 6th. Replacement sims no improvement. Well over 48 hours for tech support and we class as vulnerable. Phones are fine in Manchester to the W and Bawtry to the East but useless in Rotherham. We only switched to ID in December because we needed wifi calling. All the lists say the phones are 4g compatible, they are up to date and 4g is switched on. I cannot understand why the wifi calling has gone as well. I think a change of operator is going to be the answer.

Both I and my wife have Galaxy A40 phones. Neither now will make or receive calls but texts and whatsapp are fine. this from May 6th. Replacement sims no improvement. Well over 48 hours for tech support and we class as vulnerable. Phones are fine in Manchester to the W and Bawtry to the East but useless in Rotherham. We only switched to ID in December because we needed wifi calling. All the lists say the phones are 4g compatible, they are up to date and 4g is switched on. I cannot understand why the wifi calling has gone as well. I think a change of operator is going to be the answer.

I'm afraid so pal. 

I spent days reading about this. Save yourself the time, switch out.  Took me less time to switch out and port my number than it did dealing with ID. 

ID didn't even follow up with me, they asked me to contact them after 48 hours. I did that, had to explain the situation again and they still couldn't help. They tried blaming the phone. 

Talk Mobile offers cheaper packages. I moved to them. No issues now.

Hi @Riprop,

I’m very sorry to hear about this and we can check this out and pass on any feedback internally.

@Geoff1944 sorry that you are having issues with coverage.

As it’s an issue with 2 numbers it definitely sounds like an issue in the area?

Have you checked the coverage and network status checker to see if there is any ongoing work?

Kash

I am not able to receive call but can make them , all was fine yesterday . I have tried everything they suggest but still no joy !!!! 

Hi @Maggie Bell,

We have responded to you elsewhere and we will assist you there.

Kash

I now have this problem when travelling east of Manchester. The affected area seems to match the map posted higher up the thread.

My phone (OnePlus 5T) supports 4G, 4G calling is enabled, I have four bars of 4G signal and data works yet I cannot make or receive calls in this area.

My other EE SIM works fine in the same phone and location.

Obviously this is unacceptable, I need to be contactable on my primary number. I have been very satisfied with iD until now, but if not fixed soon I shall have to move to another provider.

This issue seems to have resolved itself now . 

maggie 

Hi @FLHerne 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues? Are other areas okay?

EE work from a different cell network, therefore experience with them would be different.

It’s worth noting that the OnePlus 5T is not an officially supported device, therefore could encounter issues with an iD Mobile SIM.

Tom

Now experiencing this issue as of Fri 19th July.

Tried all methods mentioned on multiple forums before reluctantly using iD’s chat function. would be better to talk to someone on the phone, but wait… I cant make or receive calls!

iD Chat help useless despite the fact that this must now be a known issue with ways to resolve. They asked for a number to contact me on… I only have the number that doesn’t work!

Complaint lodged (#418164579 - in case someone from iD wants to reply)

Anyone else still experiencing this in July? Postcode CW12

Hi @Maggie Bell 

Glad to hear, please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Tom

No calls in or out, NW1. The live chat only says not to disturb them for 48 hours, again and again. No help, no service I paid for. Just useless. I asked to return the money I paid for the service I don’t get but they refused! Business as usual for idmobile.

Hi @dunkaist 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the full postcode where you’re having issues?

Are you able to use calls elsewhere?

How are data and texts in NW1?

Tom

I have the exact same problem. My iD sim will not work in mine or anybody's phone. If I put an O2 sim in my phone it works perfectly.

I have tried another iD sim that was is definitely working on another phone, it will not work in mine.

It stopped working last Wednesday.

I went to Curry's to buy a new phone today only to be told they had lots of iD customers with the same issue and was advised to wait until the network was fixed?!

I solved the problem by moving to talk mobile and suggest you try that. ID support is of little use,  as a vulnerable customer we got nowhere with the help line. Our phones are Samsung G40 and 4g compatible with wifi calling.

I have the exact same problem. My iD sim will not work in mine or anybody's phone. If I put an O2 sim in my phone it works perfectly.

I have tried another iD sim that was is definitely working on another phone, it will not work in mine.

It stopped working last Wednesday.

I went to Curry's to buy a new phone today only to be told they had lots of iD customers with the same issue and was advised to wait until the network was fixed?!

Hi @abp1967, this particular issue sounds like it’s in relation to our 3G switch off. 

If you’re using an android phone, you’ll need to search for ‘VoLTE’ and make sure this is toggled on in your phone settings to call through 4G.

More information on this can be found via the link below:

3G is being switched off. What do I need to do? | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice. (idmobile.co.uk)

-Lauren

I am having the same issue no call received or able to send for a week now not happy at all reported it several times . 

My brand new iPhone 15 iOS 18 (4 months old) has stopped receiving or making calls

Chat function is useless waited 2 hours kept getting cut off and no one got back in touch even after I have my details

I have reset everything spent hours trying to resolve 

can make calls on WhatsApp on mobile data and WiFi but no normal calls. I need to be contactable by phone 

this is crazy they see to know it’s to do with 3G but then send you to the chat area and no one helps it literally stopped working today.  My phone is definitely 5g compatible but seems to be a network issue!! 

For iPhone 15 go to settings, iMessage, turn on and turn off again, switch phone off and on again. Now try and make a call!

Thanks tried that just dial and it goes silent so no improvement :(

Thanks tried that just dial and it goes silent so no improvement :(

finally got hold of someone and was given this instruction which made it work