Solved

Terrible Reception everywhere

• 21 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I've only been with id mobile since December after being with Voxi for years and I'm appalled by the lack of mobile network coverage. The only reason I went with id mobile was because it was the cheapest handset and mobile contract for the handset I want AND it was apparently highly rated. I'm forever seeing the 'internet calls only' symbol on my phone or having no connection at all. Should I be blaming the network or the Motorola Razr ultra? Can I cancel the network contract and pay for the handset only? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 23 April 2024, 14:47

View original

3 replies

Bad news yet again get out as quick as you can

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @pmhugh @Sbrowst24,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked your coverage at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

The network status checker will let you know if there is any work being carried out in the area.

I would also advise testing the SIM in a different handset to check if that improves things.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I've only been with id mobile since December after being with Voxi for years and I'm appalled by the lack of mobile network coverage…

Can I cancel the network contract and pay for the handset only? 

Unfortunately @Sbrowst24, you’ll find your iD contract isn’t split into handset + network line rental components - so you can’t pay for the handset only. 

Unless you pay an early termination charge, you’re stuck with iD Mobile until December 2025. Perhaps Vodafone (Voxi) was a better option, for those places you use your mobile phone most frequently.

Why iD Mobile?