Solved

Tetxs being charged when I have 5000 texts in my bundle ?

• 13 May 2019
  • 8 replies

I have a pay monthly account with 5000 texts and usually only use less than 50 !.

I have been charged for texting this UK number 07452 127270 could someone explain why ?

Thanks - Paul
icon

Best answer by PaulMoto 16 May 2019, 14:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @PaulMoto,

Without the account it'd be hard to say here.
How much was it that you were charged for the message(s)?

Was it 30p for each message?

It's possible the message(s) were converted to an MMS message which is done in the device settings.

We've got a great article on our website which further explains this here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/mms-charges

If however, the text was not charged this way then please let us know so we'd be able to look into this further.

Mohammed
Thanks for you reply. No it wasn't a MMS I just sent my tracker a command Check123456.

A simple letternumber combination.

Thanks - Paul
Yes it was 30p per text. thks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Paul,

We'll need to take a look into the text that was charged to see how this was recorded on our system. My guess would be it recorded the text as an SMS (because 30p is the charge for MMS messages). I may be wrong but the best way is to access the account.

I can't do this from here. We'll need you to email us

We'll be able to pick this up from there for you and look at what the charge is.

Could you include a link to this Community topic please as well as your username?

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammed. I got onto live chat this morning and Samantha sorted the query. Apparently 07452 is not a std mobile number and as such I get charged 30P !

Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @PaulMoto,

Without looking at the account I couldn't say myself, but glad that the LiveChat Team could answer this one for you.

Mohammed
thanks Mohamed. how do I close this question ? not sure how to mark as Answered
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
It's been done for you now. 🙂

Why iD Mobile?