Question

text alerts for missed call while out of network [or mobile switched off]

• 16 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
a lot of issue with out of network. I used to get a text alert in my previous network provider whenever my mobile was out of network and someone tried to call me [and did not leave voice message] that 07xxxx tried to call you at 00:00. iD mobile does not have that service.
Besides the network coverage is very very poor. I have never seen more than 1 bar on network. at home and at work, my mobile shows out of network most of the time. My wife has good network at home [ee]. not sure if network is Three network issue or iD mobile faulty sim.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @DSP,

Welcome to the iD Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the coverage where you are. Do you experience a loss of service whenever you travel to a different area?

Please pop your postcode into our coverage checker here to see if there is an issue in your area.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Network check with postcode seems ok on the website. But in reality not the case. I cannot rely on website info.
other network(EE) is good in my wife mobile.
Main Issue is about text alert for missed calls while being out of network. Does iD provides that option or service?
Userlevel 1
Not solved yet!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Network check with postcode seems ok on the website. But in reality not the case. I cannot rely on website info.
other network(EE) is good in my wife mobile.
Main Issue is about text alert for missed calls while being out of network. Does iD provides that option or service?

Hello @DSP,

I'm not sure how this was marked as solved but I've unmarked it for you.

iD Mobile, like any other mobile network provider, would notify you when you've got a missed call via text. This is subject to coverage so if you've not got any coverage at the time or poor coverage, these can often be delayed or come in as a group when manually checking texts.

Have you tried testing your SIM in your wife's phone?

Mohammed

I also have this question. O2 used to text me if I had missed calls whilst I had no signal or my phone was off. At the moment I am only getting these texts if i have a voicemail. Is there not a setting that can make sure i am notified

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Kyraaa 

We don't provide support for missed call text alerts I'm afraid. But usually, this sort of setting is found within the voicemail settings when dialling the voicemail number.

Michelle 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had a similar issue regarding missed calls.

The ordinary phone app will show a missed call if it has rung and not been answered but if it has not rung at all - because there is no signal - it won’t tell you someone has tried to ring. Some networks try to compensate for this lack of function by sending you a text if you missed a call when there was no signal, but iD Mobile does not have the facility to automatically send such texts.

But I have discovered that there is a way to provide this functionality as follows:

1. Sign up with a VOIP service - it should be free - and install a VOIP softphone app on your phone (the VOIP supplier will typically provide a sofphone for free).
  1. In your ordinary phone app settings set “forward when unreachable” to the VOIP number. 

Now if someone rings you when your phone has no signal the call will be forwarded to the softphone. The softphone won’t ring (there is no data signal) but when you next have a signal the softphone will show the missed call.

Note that normally the softphone will never ring because either you have a signal and the call is not forwarded, or you don’t have a signal and so the softphone can’t ring, but you could have a situation with a phone which is not WiFi-calling enabled where there is no phone signal but the softphone rings because there is a WiFi connection. In this case if you answer the softphone then you will be charged by iD Mobile (forwarded incomming calls are charged as if you made an outgoing call to the number forwarded to) BUT you don’t have to answer the softphone - you can reject the call and ring back when you next have a signal and you are then no worse off than if you didn’t have the softphone.    

Why iD Mobile?