Question

trade in offer

• 15 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Has anyone trade in their phone where was stated a minimum trade in amount?

How easy was it to get the money? Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andre38,

Trade-ins are handled by Carphone Warehouse and I believe they’ve received a high volume so may be a little behind but are processing this.

For any “minimum” trade-in amount, Carphone Warehouse will provide the difference to ensure you’re getting the amount quoted.

So if you were quoted a minimum of £150.00 and your device quote was £80.00 for a working phone, that would be £80.00 for the phone and £70 for the minimum promotional amount.

The £80.00 is subject to your phone condition so when the engineers inspect the phone, they may find the device was recorded as working by you, but actually is damaged due to screenburn etc. If this value changes for example, now £30.00 only because of the damage, Carphone Warehouse will still provide the difference to meet the minimum amount.

So once you accepted, you’d get £30.00 for the device and £120.00 for the promotion.

The promotion is refunded separately to the £30.00 though.

If you do need help or don’t get your monies, we can escalate this as we have been doing here via the Community to Carphone Warehouse.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello @Mohammed!!

I'm refering to the s22 ultra, that it says to trade in any mobile any condition and get an extra £150 on the top of the trade in.

I'm going to send the mobile today in the package I have received so when it arrives there will they know about the extra £150?

Or do I need to contact someone else?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Andre38,

As long as you have purchased the Samsung S22 Ultra and requested a trade-in under the same name and address you shouldn’t have any issues with receiving the promotional amount.

Just to advise promotional amounts are usually processed within 5 days of receiving the original funds.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?