Question

unable to make a call in Spain

• 6 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Just got back from Spain and I am unable to make a call to any of my contacts, even my wife who was with me, when making a call it says number not assigned?  But all work in the UK, date roaming is on even tried +34 or +44 the only way I can ring my wife is if she rings me then I can call her by using recent calls? And she is on id, same phone same settings and she can make call? 🤷‍♂️

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried turning OFF your handset for 10-15 minutes, and then restarting your phone, @Eric Attwood?

No I never, didn't cross my mind, with it working in the UK and my wife's phone working, will try it when I'm next in Spain, hopefully it works, thanks for replying.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just curious, @Eric Attwood - was the “number not assigned” message displayed on the handset, or was it an audible message you heard after attempting to make a call (in Spain)?

audible message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Eric Attwood,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have the issue when you are next in Spain, please let us know whilst you are there and we will run you through some troubleshooting.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

audible message?

Okay @Eric Attwood, that suggests your handset or iD account might not have been enabled for roaming. 

Have you checked the roaming settings in your iD online account? 

Thanks Kash, will do. I'm back to Spain in April.

Andewhite, yes roaming is ON  and international is ON ?

Why iD Mobile?