Solved

Unable to pay bill

• 19 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

A payment is due out of my bank account today via direct debit, however, the payment will not come out successfully by the end of the day due to insufficient funds.

Will ID Mobile charge me a late fee or cut my phone off if this payment is unsuccessful on the day? Or is there a grace period of a few days?

Can ID Mobile accept a one off credit card payment instead of the direct debit, and then cancel that individual direct debit?

I have attempted to speak to customer services via the chat service but they have been unable to help as they do not understand the issue.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 19 April 2022, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Most likely your bank will charge you a fee for the failed direct debit and so you should check with them.

As for iD Mobile, normally speaking if a Direct Debit fails, it should be re-attempted within a week. So it might be worth just allowing that to happen as things stand.

If you get a reminder message by text saying you need to pay, then by all means make a manual payment through the iD Mobile App or website.

Userlevel 1

Most likely your bank will charge you a fee for the failed direct debit and so you should check with them.

As for iD Mobile, normally speaking if a Direct Debit fails, it should be re-attempted within a week. So it might be worth just allowing that to happen as things stand.

If you get a reminder message by text saying you need to pay, then by all means make a manual payment through the iD Mobile App or website.

Thank you so much for the reply Paul, put my mind at ease! I’ll just check with my bank 😀

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You're welcome 👍

Why iD Mobile?