Question

Unable to register phone

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I am 23 days into an iD pay-as-you-go contract, and have not been able to receive a verification code, and so cannot phone or text. Eventually I was sent a replacement sim card, but the problem continues, my Galaxy 10 phone settings says “Phone number not recognised”. Now it seems I can no longer reach Chat-bot, never mind speak to an agent. I want to get out of this deal, but seem to be trapped! Reading of other’s similar experiences is discouraging. Please tell me, where can I go next?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Brian Mitchell 

The phone settings saying your phone number isn’t recognized shouldn’t affect the usage of the actual device, is this a verification code to register to the app you’re unable to get?

With a Pay As You Go, you aren’t in a contract and aren’t ‘trapped’ at any stage, you’re not contracted at all.

Tom

I may not be in a contract, but I have paid, and am expected to continue to pay, money to iD.

It is the verification code to the app that I have been unable to recieve. As to the usage being “unaffected”, not being able to  phone or text seems to be a significant failing. However, I may have found a solution by contacting your complaints department who I hope resolving the problem

Hi @Brian Mitchell 

The phone settings saying your phone number isn’t recognized shouldn’t affect the usage of the actual device, is this a verification code to register to the app you’re unable to get?

With a Pay As You Go, you aren’t in a contract and aren’t ‘trapped’ at any stage, you’re not contracted at all.

Tom

I recently got a new phone and sim under ID I’m not recieving any authorisation texts from any company

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Noah deighton,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?