Solved

Unhappy June

• 11 June 2024
  • 9 replies

I took out a 2nd contract with ID and wanted an old number ported over. The contract is now active but the old number has not been ported and the old number is now inactive.  Why has this not all happened at the same time

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 June 2024, 14:45

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

If both contracts where with iD Mobile, you can’t switch a number from one iD account to another iD account, @unhappy June

Was the number you wanted to keep on an iD contract, or with another service provider?

No this was another provider number going to a 2nd contract for a family member.  On two different phones, 2 different plans and numbers.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

No this was another provider number going to a 2nd contract for a family member.  On two different phones, 2 different plans and numbers.

Okay @unhappy June, UK mobile number transfers don’t happen immediately. 

When I switched to iD Mobile, there was a 5-hour interval between my old provider’s SIM becoming inactive and my number working with my iD SIM card. The transfer was completed around 3pm on the date scheduled for my switch.

Thank you. Im actually on a live chat at the moment. I have been advised that 6pm tonight should see everything in order. Its just quite frustrating to be out o contact for a day. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Yes indeed @unhappy June - currently, UK mobile number switches don’t happen immediately whoever the old and new service provider happen to be.

Userlevel 1

Try waiting 5 days…  Thays how long i have been without my numbers since iD failed to link it to my account

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Try waiting 5 days…  Thays how long i have been without my numbers since iD failed to link it to my account

Sorry to hear that @edwood123

The UK number switching process needs both the old service provider and new service provider (iD) to work cooperatively to get the customer information transferred across.

Unfortunately @edwood123 , sometimes the old provider doesn’t provide all the information needed to complete the number transfer.

Oddly, the industry process for number transfers doesn’t seem to have any incentives or penalties for the old provider, when they don’t work correctly and efficiently. 

The process is managed by the ‘MNP OSG’ (https://mnposg.org.uk/).

Userlevel 1

thanks @andewhite.

Unfortunately the blame lies entirely with iD. They have admitted as much, but seem incapable of fixing the issue. The number is with iD they just can’t link it to my account!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @edwood123, let us know if you need any assistance in resolving this, and we’d be happy to send you a PM to investigate further.

-Lauren