Question

Wifi calling not working on Samsung Galaxy A04s

• 8 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

How do I enable this and make it the default when connected to wifi?

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @MPG, support for iD Mobile’s WiFi Calling service, with Android handsets, is somewhat variable. 

The Galaxy A04s doesn’t seem to be approved for the iD Mobile network, which means iD don’t help you if things aren’t working as expected. 

See iD approved handsets online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Andewhite.  Unfortunately I’m not in a position to change my handset.  I can only hope ID approve the A04s sometime soon.

Regards

Mary

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hope so @MPG. 

Perhaps not helpful if you’re tied to iD Mobile, but seems you can use WiFi Calling on the Vodafone network, with a Samsung Galaxy A04s device.

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-a04s-android-12-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-wi-fi-calling-on-or-off/

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there.

Do you have WiFi Calling turned on at least?  The A04s does support this feature as too does iD.

If you cannot find the option in Settings > Connections, instead look inside the Phone app > Settings.  I have an A52s and the latter is where my setting is.  It may be hiding elsewhere but this keeps things simple.

I find WiFi Calling an odd beast.  It works and works well when my WiFi is good.  But when my router starts playing up, it just drops back to cellular (expected).  So whilst WiFi calling is good to have, you have to have good WiFi for it to work.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It seems the Galaxy A52s is listed as being approved for connection to the iD network, @Jonty Soper - perhaps a benefit of a mid-range Galaxy handset? 

In addition, the A52s is shown as being supported for iD Mobile WiFi Calling and 4G Calling services, whereas the Galaxy A04s is not.

Userlevel 1

Thank you both.  Seems I’ll have no choice but to switch provider - Smarty supports wifi calling on the A04s so perhaps I’ll given them a go.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

SMARTY also have inclusive EU roaming, but their inclusive roaming mobile data limit is lower at 12GB/month. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MPG 

Wi-Fi calling may be enabled, however you may have limited access to when it’s actually used, have you tried going into flight mode and trying it?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?