Question

zero coverage outside with ID

• 24 July 2021
  • 1 reply

I am having such a nightmare with ID. I will try and include some detail. I took out my contract after using a generic signal checker and also my mum is on ID in the same house and gets decent coverage. However I cannot send or receive calls or texts at home or in many many other locations. This is dangerous as I work with animals and means I am unable to contact in an emergency and am also uncontactable.

It has been through the ombudsman and apparently I am at fault, which I do not necessarily disagree but I need a solution. I refuse to pay £450 to walk away when I will not be using any of the data, calls or texts that are included in that price. It has been a really tough year being self employed through covid and currently I am losing further business through the worst network coverage I have ever experienced.

I have several questions that I can't seem to find an answer for.

Is there a ID signal booster I could have in my house? Is there anything else that I could take mobile with me to boost the signal to my phone?

Is there any way to avoid the early exit fee? £450 is a lot of money for something that isn't serving me.

Is it likely my handset? My mum has signal and can make calls at home but I can't.

I am considering a dual sim so atleast I'd be able to make calls from that sim card in an emergency situation but it doesn't exactly solve my problem.

I have had such a nightmare with it all and am so fed up. Can anyone help me please

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Chloe Iles,

You mention it’s been through the Ombudsman already, does that mean we have already provided you with a Deadlock letter stating our final position on this?

Will

Why iD Mobile?