Question

Additional charges for data

• 29 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I ran out of data yesterday at 22.46 and had a text from ID to say so. I turned off my roaming instantly as my data refreshed today and therefore didn’t purchase an add on. At 23.12 I had a text message from ID to day is reached 80% of my capped limit. How is this possible as I turned my roaming off as soon as the first message came through?

I need this charge removed as I acted instantly when my data ran out.

Nicola

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Nhaggar1,

This isn't good to hear! When you say you turned off your roaming, was this the "Data Roaming" option within your phone settings?

Are you currently outside of the UK? This would only turn your data off when you're abroad and not when in the UK.

Ryan
Hi Ryan,

Its the setting you have when you swipe up on an iPhone, maybe the right term is mobile data. I’ve attached a pic, the red circles button is what I’m referring to. I’m in the UK. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Nhaggar1,

Thanks for explaining, it is referred to as Mobile Data as you mention in your second message. Roaming is a term only used when outside of the UK. 🙂

If you had been using mobile data right up until the out of allowance message, then it is possible that you used more than your allowance due the SMS message not being an instant reminder. To ensure that no extra usage occurs in the future, you can set the cap to £0 or by keeping an eye on your allowances using our iD Mobile app.

Ryan
Hi Ryan,

But it if I turned it off instantly, within literally seconds of it coming through, is £4.52 a reasonable charge? The point of that text is to be able to react to it which I did. Seems pretty poor of ID to charge so quickly when I reacted instantly?

Nicola
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Nhaggar1,

The SMS and online account/app are there to assist you with keeping an eye on your allowances. I'm sorry that a more favourable resolution can't be offered here, but it is worth checking your online account or app regularly to keep on top of your allowances.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?