Question

My data ran out when I didn’t use it

• 10 May 2019
  • 2 replies

This morning I checked the amount of mobile data I had and it was 1.7 GB. I later got a text at 4pm saying I had used 80% of my data left!! My mobile data has only been on for an hour or so, but I didn’t use it and then it was on airplane mode for hours! no apps have been downloaded

Im Not sure whether something downloaded or it’s a fault on the system or something? I still have two weeks before it renews and I need data to get to and from school every day!

Can anyone help? Live chat is always busy!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @xalishba2004,

Which phone are you using? Most phones now have a Data Usage section within the settings app which shows the data used by each of the apps installed on the phone.

Data can also be used quite quickly if a video has been streamed, particularly in HD, if updates have occurred in the background for your apps or for the software (operating system) too.

Ryan
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @xalishba2004,

Which phone are you using? Most phones now have a Data Usage section within the settings app which shows the data used by each of the apps installed on the phone.

Data can also be used quite quickly if a video has been streamed, particularly in HD, if updates have occurred in the background for your apps or for the software (operating system) too.

Ryan

I fully agree with this statement. To prevent this from happening again, why not turn off your mobile data when you aren't using it, because things might have downloaded in the background without you realising it. Also, is it OK if I ask why you need data to get to and from school?

Why iD Mobile?