Solved

when can upgrade start?

• 14 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I'm looking to upgrade to a plan with more data but I need it to start now (I need the data asap), is this possible, or do I need to wait until next month according to my billing period?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 August 2020, 13:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @PeterFairfax,

You have a few options:

• Upgrade
  • Plan Change

For Upgrades, you’re effectively starting a new contract replacing your current one.

This can only be done 60-days at the end of the current contract, or if you’re on SIM-only, after 6-months of no missed payments.

Plan changes can be done at any time via the iD app, they move you up or down (where possible) to a different plan, but do not affect your contract length.

For SIM-only, you can change plans every 30-days freely so there’s a lot more flexibility here.

Upgrades plans only take effect when the order is picked, as this is when we send out the phone and connect this.

Placing your order today (before 5PM) won't be delivered until Monday, so you’re not going to receive the plan right away.

Changing plans is done within 24-hours (usually within the hour) so this is the quickest way to get more data.

For SIM-only plan changes, you can do this at any time in the app, as well as the same for handset plans, but would be limited by options available. 

If you’re already on the max plan for a handset contract, you won’t be able to go higher.

One last thing to note re: plan changes/upgrades. 

You’d receive a pro-rata allowance which depends on how far you are into the month, so the full allowances kick in next month on the refresh date.

e.g. if your plan refreshes on the 1st of each month and you change plans on the 15th, you’ll only get half the allowances added to your current plan.

So 15-days worth of whatever plan you change to*

So moving from a 1GB plan to a 2GB plan means you'll get around 1GB added (in this scenario of course, and also these are very rough estimates).

*This does not apply to add-ons.

You can also purchase data add-ons.

This is a one-off extra pot of data that kicks in when your normal allowances have run out.

This might be better for you short term and you can do this via the app/account.

Hope this answers your question.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?