Solved

3UK sign and suspicous text re biling from 3 (mobile?)

• 4 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Anyone been getting texts warnng you of probems with billing but from 3 (mobile?) asking you to go to he my-3update site to update details?  Sounds phishy but then I saw th 3UK sign on my phone and thought it might be something to do with ID Mobile?

Of course it’s difficult to check with ID Mobile or even 3 Mobile as no one is picking up given the pandemic.

EDIT: Please do not post links to scam websites directly into the Community. 

icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 5 April 2020, 15:31

View original

5 replies

Badge +10

@SiggyD

SCAM do not click on the link

THREE or ID Mobile do not have a site registered to that address - ignore the text

Same here, had a text message yesterday stating ‘thank you for registering with My3’ and a temp password - I have not registered with them and have been an ID customer for several months. Appears to be the legitimate website on my link though.

Badge +10

Same here, had a text message yesterday stating ‘thank you for registering with My3’ and a temp password - I have not registered with them and have been an ID customer for several months. Appears to be the legitimate website on my link though.

@Wolveseddie install a good antivirus and spoofing add-on to warn you about spoofing websites.

Bitdefender is the only one I use these days, the traffic light system is a free addon with the software to stay safe be protected from the scammers.

Thank you for the quick reply. However the message received, and the login link provided, appear to be genuine, suggesting that my details have been registered. I wondered if either a) this has been done my someone illegitimately, or b) this has been legitimately done by ID / Three to merge details and share services during short-staffing issues with virus? 

Badge +10

Thank you for the quick reply. However the message received, and the login link provided, appear to be genuine, suggesting that my details have been registered. I wondered if either a) this has been done my someone illegitimately, or b) this has been legitimately done by ID / Three to merge details and share services during short-staffing issues with virus? 

@Wolveseddie the link is NOT legitimate, the website domain does not belong either THREE nor ID Mobile nor any affiliated company. No one has shared your details or registered your details as this is a PHISHING website trying to gain your details by misleading you into thinking they already have them.

At some point in your internet browsing you have either clicked on a link or video that has gained access to your mobile number, simple as that! That’s how crafty and simple this is… 

If you check the domain registrar at whois you will see the website is registered to a nobody.

Stay safe on the internet install a good antivirus app and always keep your software up to date.

Why iD Mobile?