bill increase for CPI/RPI increase

• 6 March 2023
  • 6 replies

My phone contract was 49 pound a month then went to 53 and now will increase to 62 in April . This is a joke and you should be given discounts. As no one has signed up to be charge  an extra quarter of ther bill . 

Mohammed 1 year ago

Hey @Craig Graham,

I’m sorry to hear about the impact this increase has had on your plan.

Unfortunately, almost all UK network providers who sell contracts adjust prices annually so it doesn’t matter which network you go with, for a handset contract you would be subject to this increase.

It is part of the Terms & Conditions which you would have agreed to when purchasing.

I’m really sorry there isn’t much more of a favourable response I could provide.

Mohammed

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like your contract has been affected by the CPI/RPI clause, which means the monthly payment can be increased from 1st April each year.

There an explanation online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/CPI and https://www.idmobile.co.uk/RPI

CPI/RPI clause yes 👍 I no that . But this is not fair . When you enter a contract it should be fixed . Like I said my monthly bill has gone from £49 to £62 . If this can’t be discounted to are monthly tariff are we aloud to terminate are contract? As I was never informed prior to changing my monthly cost. ? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sadly the CPI/RPI clause exists in the terms & conditions of all iD handset contracts.

You can’t checkout unless you agree the terms & conditions when you buy from the iD website.

Yes, I think the annual price is unfair, and whenever possible I choose service providers who don’t do this. When inflation was low, the annual price wasn’t a big issue, but things have changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Craig Graham,

I’m sorry to hear about the impact this increase has had on your plan.

Unfortunately, almost all UK network providers who sell contracts adjust prices annually so it doesn’t matter which network you go with, for a handset contract you would be subject to this increase.

It is part of the Terms & Conditions which you would have agreed to when purchasing.

I’m really sorry there isn’t much more of a favourable response I could provide.

Mohammed

Sadly I watched my bill this morning to increase from 43 to 51 per month 20% up!!

Pretty much looks too much!!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sadly I watched my bill this morning to increase from 43 to 51 per month 20% up!!

Pretty much looks too much!!

Hi @Dimitris Vogiazinos. If you’re currently paying £43 per month, your contract should go up to £49.02 instead of £51. If you’ve purchased your contract after November 2022, you’ll be subjected to CPI rates which raise by 14%. If your bill is £51, this may suggest that out of plan charges have been incurred.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?