Solved

High call charge for an unknown number

I was recently charged £24.50 for phoning the number 85075. I don’t recognise this number. Does anyone know what it is

icon

Best answer by Kevin 16 July 2020, 21:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @IPAYNE,

The number 85075 is used when wanting to find out how much you owe for the remainder of your contract and it is generally used for texting only. Do you remember ever getting in touch with that number, even via text?

Ryan

No I have never phoned this number. I had had my contract for a few years and very happy with it and have no intention of cancelling it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @IPAYNE 

Generally speaking, you can find more about the 85075 here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/text-to-switch-simple-to-switch-mobile-network

Does it state on your most recent bill how long you had called the number for?  If not, we’ll be able to Private Message you, take some details and find this out for you.

Yes the call was for 13.52 minutes. 
ian

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @IPAYNE,

Have you checked your call log at all?

You may have accidentally dialled this number.

We would never charge for usage unless the call has been made as these calls are recorded on your account.

Mohammed

I don’t know how to check my call log. Can I do this on my phone?

I have checked my call log and I did phone that number, but it must have been a mistake as I had no reason to call this number. It’s a mystery especially as the call was for 13.5 minutes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We hear you @IPAYNE and at some point in time a lot of us have had accidents happen like this.  It’s just something you would need to be careful of with your phone itself.  Most phones these days try to lock themselves to prevent any sort of pocket-dialling from being possible.

You could look to put a spending cap on your account to prevent you from being able to run up usage costs of a set (by you) amount to try and prevent these sorts of things though.

Best answer

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I you need anything else @IPAYNE , please let us know.

Will

Why iD Mobile?