Skip to main content
Solved

Bank rejects all payments because insecure method is used

• 15 May 2024
  • 6 replies

I have tried 15 times to pay an outstanding balance, through the app and through the automated telephone payment service. All payments have been rejected by my bank. My bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, says this is because iD Mobile tries to use an insecure payment method, and that I have to get in touch with them. There is enough money on my account. I tried to make the payment using my debit card. I don't have internet banking.
Can anyone help? ID Mobile even just sent a final notice, but I can’t find any other way to contact them.

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

The primary way of getting help from iD customer care is via their online Live Chat service, @EmilioAlberto

The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays.

I had tried that a few dazs ago, and only got the chatbot and it replied that it did not understand. I will try again this evening

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

I had tried that a few dazs ago, and only got the chatbot and it replied that it did not understand. I will try again this evening

Have told the 24/7 chatbot you want to “talk to a person”, @EmilioAlberto?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @EmilioAlberto 

Do you still require assistance with this?

I can’t say I’ve heard of anybody having issues with an insecure method, please ensure that all details on the app (Name, Address etc) match that of the details in your bank account.

Tom

I had a chat with customer support. They reinstated the direct debit, I am not sure how that was cancelled. 

I don't know what the issue with cars payments was, but hopefully that solves it

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @EmilioAlberto,

Please can you try on a different device or browser?

It should work via your account online.

Kash