Skip to main content

I changed my bank in June and have been trying to update my details through the app ever since. I chatted online to someone who said that ID Mobile were aware of an issue and that it would be fixed soon. That was two months ago and I still can’t change the details. 

Do I need for a payment request to be rejected before anything can be done?

Hi @paintergirl,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you ensured that your balance is paid before updating the direct debit?

It can take a few days before you can update the direct debit once your bill is paid.

What error do you get when trying to clear the bill?

Kash

Yes, I cleared the balance and left it for a few days before trying. And trying. 

As the DDM has rejected a couple of times, it has been cancelled now. However I am still unable to update to the new details. 

I get the same message whether I try to update, and now set up, the direct debit in the app on  my phone or on the desktop. 

Hi @paintergirl 

Is your address in the app up to date?

Please try using the address search feature instead of typing manually (if you have previously).

Tom

My address has never changed so, yes, it’s up to date (just checked, to be sure, but it’s my current address and the one linked to my bank account).

I’ve just paid the bill due on the 20th by card.

I initially set up the direct debit with the same bank as the one I’m using now. The account was upgraded and I was given a new sort code and account number. That’s the only difference between then and now. I’ve changed nothing else. I thought that maybe once the old ddm was cancelled I’d be able to set up a new one, but clearly not. 

Hi @paintergirl 

Glad to hear an update in account info has sorted this.

Tom

This issue has not been resolved! 

I still don’t have a DDM in place. 

Not sure how my last post could have been misread! 

I actually spoke to a tech guy in June who assured me that this issue was known and was being addressed. In June! 

Hi @paintergirl 

We apologise for the confusion with the last message. 

Instead of using the app, can you please log on to your account via a browser and try to update the details from there? 

Select ‘Bills’.

Select ‘Payments’.

Select ‘Edit Direct Debit details’.

Enter your Direct Debit details and select ‘Save’.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Nat 

Hi Nat. No, it’s exactly the same on the website. 

Very sorry to hear that. 

Are you getting the same error? Can you please try clearing cache/cookies and also another browser?

Nat 

Yes it’s exactly the same error. I’m not just trying different browsers, I’m even using different computers! 

Shall I turn it off and back on again? 😂 

Hi @paintergirl 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom