Skip to main content
Solved

Default On Credit File

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Wondering if anyone can offer some help or advice.…

I purchased a monthly rolling sim for my daughter around 3 years ago for £3.99 per month.

Since then I have moved home address, updated emakl

and contact number.

My daughter no longer needed the sim so I cancelled the DD with my bank and thought that it would automatically cancel the sim as it was a monthly deal.

Fast forward 3 months when applying for a new mortgage my lender tells my that I have a default on my credit file.

which came to me as a surprise as my score has always been excellent and worked hard to keep it that way.

after investigation, i owe ID mobile £16 which they have placed defaults on my credit file.

I immediately contacted customer support and settled the debt and was told to contact back in 48 hour as they would be able to remove the default down to the circumstances.

i have now been told by a customer service member that the team have decided that they will not remove the default as they followed their processes and it will remain on my file for 6 years.

i am very disappointed, as I explained that I had no communication from ID mobile as I moved address and changed email, I take total responsibility for this error and I should have called to cancel beforehand. However I do believe that it is not fair to place a default on my account under the circumstances which will now have a huge detrimental affect on my credit for the next 6 years.

Please can someone help me or offer any advice.

many thanks 

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Unfortunately @kaanselcuk1, cancelling the DD linked to an iD contract only stop payments for said contract - the iD contract is not cancelled. You have to give 30-days notice to iD to cancel a contract.

Sorry, but any missed payments, or default will be recorded on your credit file.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @kaanselcuk1, thank you for reaching out.

As @andewhite has kindly suggested, cancelling the direct debit doesn’t cancel the contracts, it simply cancels the payments that are due to us actually coming to us unless you paid them manually. Therefore, this will result in us chasing these payments are a certain length of time if not paid, and passing the payments to debt collectors and possibly affecting your credit file, sorry about that.

If you’d like us to investigate further, please contact us via our live-chat:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler