Skip to main content

I recently changed the bank details for my direct debit to a new Starling bank account. This morning, I got a message from Starling saying:

"Your direct debit with ID mobile was declined as there was no mandate with reference 13675378/001. Please contact ID mobile if you would like future payments to be made from them."

When I check my ID Mobile account. It says the payment was successful but no money has come out of my bank account. 

Any idea what is going on?

Maybe best to ask an iD adviser, @russd1982 - try https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Forum members can’t look at any iD customer accounts, to protect their online privacy and security. 

The customer advisers work until 8pm on weekdays - the chatbot works 24/7.

Maybe best to ask an iD adviser, @russd1982 - try https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Forum members can’t look at any iD customer accounts, to protect their online privacy and security. 

The customer advisers work until 8pm on weekdays - the chatbot works 24/7.

Thank you!

hey did you manage to get this resolved as i am having the same problem?

hey did you manage to get this resolved as i am having the same problem?

Unfortunately whenever I try to update the direct debit it says its active on IDMobile’s side but never gets added to my bank. 

Live chat seem to be a bit clueless, they just say it's active which isn't very helpful.

I just got the same notification from Starling 😖 Anybody managed to resolve it yet?

My iD account says I've paid this month, but Starling says the payment was declined

I spoke to live chat again and they just said "It is showing that you have set it up on our end and for security reasons we cannot do this on our end. You would need to call your bank and have it sorted out on their end as your banking information is set up on our end."

Spoke to Starling and they said they would look into it for me and let me know so I will post here once have a resolution.

Hi @russd1982,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know how you get on and we can help.

Kash

I updated the details and it seems to have now worked.

Hi @russd1982 

Glad to hear.

Tom