Skip to main content

I have been charged an additional £2.40 on my plan for international roaming, however I only visited Corfu which is in the EU and included on yhe inclusive roaming list. How do I get this refunded to my account?

Hi @Nigel Cronin 

On your bill it should label this charge, please could you let us know what it’s labeled as?

Tom

Looks like an ROW (Rest of the World) charge, @Nigel Cronin

This could happen while connected to a network cell tower in Albania.

Some places in Corfu appear to have better cellular reception from Albania, rather than local cell towers (for NOVA & Cosmote).

Hi Tom, fully understood and I know its only £2.40 but its the principle of it.  It was not my fault that ID connected to Albania. My wife who is with Vodafone had the same issue and she was refunded by them.

Hi @Nigel Cronin, @andewhite is correct here. Your phone will have been connected to a mast that would have incurred the rest of world charge, despite you being in Greece. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

I was on holiday and drove from UK to Poland, then went to southern Germany and drove back via Luxembourg and France to the UK.

Countries passed through, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Luxembourg.

I am now seeing on my bill a charge for ROW roaming.. why?

I looked at the roaming and all the countries are included so where is the rest of world charge from?, why does the bill not specify?

Any help appreciated as would be good to know and maybe be able to question it and get a refund…

Thanks in advance.

In addition to the issue with being charged for non listed overseas country's,  depute not visiting that country I have another issue with this company.  I set up.my contact through money supermarket. Com with the promise of a £30 amazon voucher

They contest this and the voucher was decl8ned. For these reasons I will be termination my account as soon as my contract ends an look for an alternative provider 

Hi @Sam Horgan @Nigel Cronin,

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team if you are unsure about your bill.

The team can check the charges and remove them if they have been applied incorrectly.

Kash

I contacted the chat team and they couldn't confirm further so I put a complaint through.

Just got the reply to say no more Info and no refund as I was clearly in a non EU country.

I was clearly not, so disputing.

Ps my wife was on the same holiday and uses Tesco mobile and no such charge was applied to her bill.…

Hi @Sam Horgan,

The team will investigate further and update you.

If you are unhappy with the outcome a letter of deadlock can be issues.

Kash

How long for a response?

I do not accept the outcome and want more info on the charge…

Hi @Sam Horgan 

If you’ve raised a complaint, you’ll be able to call the team on 0800 049 2402 or 0800 049 1300, however this does not guarantee they’ll have an update for you, they’ll likely contact you when they have an update. 

Tom 

I have received my monthly bill detailing roaming charges for Greece where I holidayed in July, My husband , who also used ID mobile, had no charges at all.

I have managed to raise a query via Live Chat but then the service agent misunderstood my query and cut me off whilst I was clarifying my question. I have spent over an hour this morning trying to clarify a very simple issue – which I could easily have done if real people were employed to answer the phone.  The chat bot is useless as it doesn’t understand what I want to query and the agent on the live chat misunderstood my query and cut me off! Any ideas how I could get this resolved without having to result to making a formal complaint?

Hello @Sue Wellard 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with recent charges on your bill. 

Can you please confirm if the charges show in the ‘Rest of The World’ section on your statement?

Also,  did you travel outside of Greece at all?

Thanks, 

Nat