Skip to main content
Solved

Is 'Refer a Friend' a scam?

• 4 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Referred my wife before April 24. We both received an email to claim reward. However, follow the instructions and it tells you to log back in and return to the refer a friend page. Of course, when you land there, it has forgotten who you are and requires you to log in again. You do and you end back up on your account page and in a never ending loop.    

Chat they say…..but how?

This is very frustrating and taints my view on IDMobile.

Gary

9 replies

Userlevel 1

We’re having exactly the same problem. My husband referred me prior to 23rd April ,we’ve both received our emails but trying to claim the reward is a joke . Like you , we’re just going round and around. Not happy !!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @bungys & @Finn's Mum, welcome both to Community!

The refer-a-friend bonuses certainly aren’t scams, and we of course want to reward our customers for referring their friend correctly.

Please find out more below for our refer-a-friend bonuses:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions-refer-a-friend

If you both believe you should’ve been rewarded by now, we’d recommend messaging our live-chat team to raise this further:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler

Hi there @bungys & @Finn's Mum, welcome both to Community!

The refer-a-friend bonuses certainly aren’t scams, and we of course want to reward our customers for referring their friend correctly.

Please find out more below for our refer-a-friend bonuses:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions-refer-a-friend

If you both believe you should’ve been rewarded by now, we’d recommend messaging our live-chat team to raise this further:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler

Hi Tyler,

thank you for your comment, regrettably it is not as simple as you indicate.

1. you have to fight your way through the AI to get to the customer service
  2. you then chat with an agent and provide the necessary numbers and details for confirmation
  3. you then get told that the criteria has been met and that the reward will be applied to your next bill.
  4. Then you are told that the agent can only work with 1 client at a time and that the person you referred must go through the same frustrating process to acquire their reward.

Sorry, but for the sake of £10 that is a lot of effort that is purposely made difficult to sway people from following the process.   Conclusion: Refer a friend and if you want the reward, you will have to work for it.

Userlevel 1

Hi Tyler 

Thanks for your reply but as @bungys says it is nowhere near that simple . I've also received an email saying my reward has to be used by the 31st July but how can I do that when I'm still waiting for it ! I've had an online chat with yourselves who confirmed I am eligible and should have received after payment of my June invoice but still waiting and the 31st is now only 8 days away .

I'm fed up of going around in circles 

Sadly your poor service means I won't be recommending you to anyone

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bungys @Finn's Mum - sounds like you referred a friend before our migration to a new Refer a Friend platform. Please visit this link: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/refer-a-friend#referred-a-friend-before-date to log-in to our Buyapowa platform and claim your Currys Gift Card. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

I've tried that several times before ( and just tried again ) and can't log in . I enter my details, press log in and nothing happens. As I said , going around in circles 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In that case @Finn's Mum & @bungys, please email uk-idmobile-queries@awin.com for information about your Gift Card.

Hi Matthew,

thank you for your support however emailing is uk-idmobile-queries is not going to address the underlying issue and in fact just adds another layer of complexity.

If iDMobile wish it’s subscribers to spread the word and get others to sign up, then simply reward them.

Asking them to wait months and then insist that they follow an electronic path that doesn’t really exist only to finally be told, that if you want your reward talk to an AI, oh and by the way when that doesn’t work ask it to connect you to an agent. And, finally after going through all of that, you are told your reward is on the way, but it is only for you. The person you got to sign up with iDMobile has to go through the process themselves.

Consclusion: iDMobile offer a great service, IMHO much better coverage and service over it’s competitors. However, their email/online promises of rewarding customers who get others to join is a scam. Unless of course you want to spend many frustrating hours chasing a small amount of reward.

Thanks again Mathew, I do appreciate your email

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bungys - our Refer a Friend program is handled by the Awin team, this is why they’ll be the best point of contact. We recently refreshed our Refer a Friend scheme on the back of customer feedback like yourselves. You can find out more here:

Thanks.