Skip to main content

Dear Team

I recently updated my Direct Debit details on my online account but the payment bounced as it was taken before my salary (both were scheduled on the same day - 26 April). Lesson learnt.

I only realised my error a few weeks later when my online account said to pay £41. So I promptly did on Thursday 16th and tried to reset the DD but it kept saying the account was in arrears. I assumed it had not updated so I left it.

Logged in a few days later to an arrears message for £47 (Saturday 18th). Again I promptly paid. I received a final demand a few days later for the same amount.

My credit score system has now advised that ID mobile have reported late payment. If I had received an email or a letter before the final demand, I would have cleared it with no issues. I am quite distraught at this as I always pay my bills on time and am hoping to apply for credit in the future which will likely be more expensive.

Seeing as:

• Payment was made 16 days after it was due 
  • The online portal did not notify me of the further £47 after I made the first payment
  • The £47 was paid 2 days after the 1st payment 

Please can someone review the credit documents being sent and remove this default? I do not understand how one can default in less than 30 days?

Kind regards

Jay

My guess is iD Mobile have to report any missed direct debit payments, @jayboy123.

The FCA and UK credit agencies probably dictate this happens. 

My guess is iD Mobile have to report any missed direct debit payments, @jayboy123.

The FCA and UK credit agencies probably dictate this happens. 

I understand but surely they are also required to send notification prior to issuing a final demand (which I assume is what prompts the missed payment marker). Furthermore, as I cleared it prior to the deadline in the final demand, would that not count for anything?

I respect you have no sway in this matter but it does worry me.

I am keen to escalate even if it doesn’t resolve my situation as I hate to think of how many have been stung in a similar fashion.

It seems many UK consumer businesses sell their customer debts to collection agencies, probably to avoid lengthy efforts to recover outstanding amounts.

Perhaps consider an official complaint to iD, if you’re unhappy with your treatment, @jayboy123

Begin this online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

🍀

It seems many UK consumer businesses sell their customer debts to collection agencies, probably to avoid lengthy efforts to recover outstanding amounts.

Perhaps consider an official complaint to iD, if you’re unhappy with your treatment, @jayboy123

Begin this online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

🍀

It never got that far, it was a final (and first!) demand from ID. I had already paid it in full by the 18th (letter received a few days later).

Anywho thank you, I am trying to complain but the staff seem to be reading off a script and not grasping the situation. Is there anyway to perhaps get a manager/senior with more experience to deal with the query?

Thanks

It never got that far, it was a final (and first!) demand from ID. I had already paid it in full by the 18th (letter received a few days later).

Anywho thank you, I am trying to complain but the staff seem to be reading off a script and not grasping the situation. Is there anyway to perhaps get a manager/senior with more experience to deal with the query?

Thanks

Okay @jayboy123, unfortunately that happens with Live Chat. 

Perhaps try sending a private message to iD support using Facebook Messenger. You can also use X (formerly Twitter) to do this.

In my experience, the iD advisers on social media don’t seem to need a script to assist customers.

Hi @jayboy123 

If you’ve missed an original due date for a payment we’d need to report that accurately.

iD Mobile are obliged to provide an accurate representation of your payment history, therefore, any negative impact recorded on your credit file cannot be amended as the charges are valid.

Tom