Skip to main content

Had a text telling me my bill cap had changed and that I’ve currently spent £1.20 on out-of-plan charges. The text also recommended I check My Account online or the mobile app regularly to monitor my usage and any out of plan spend.

As I’ve never incurred any out of plan charges in the two years I’ve been with ID I was interested to find out what they were for. Searching ‘My Account’ and the mobile app I couldn’t find anywhere to see current usage or charges. Eventually I found an old post on here where another user had posed a similar question. They were told that you can’t actually see current usage/spend online or via the app!

I find this quite bizarre in this day and age. Other providers have been doing it for years.

Anyway, I figured I’d go on Live Chat and get the information from there. What an absolute useless service that is. Here is the transcript:

Agent: Kindly confirm how can I assist you?

Me: I recently changed my plan. During the change I received a text saying that I had incurred £1.20 of out of plan charges. As there is currently no way of seeing these until my next bill, are you able to tell me what they are for?

Agent: Thank you for sharing the above, please be advised that your plan now is £10.00 - UNL/UNL/60GB

Agent: and you will receive your next invoice on 11/10/2024.

Me: But are you able to tell me now what the out of plan charges are for?

Agent: Hi, you've set your bill cap to £50.00. You've currently spent £1.20 on out-of-plan charges this billing month. This means you can spend up to £48.80 until the end of this billing month before you reach your cap limit. We recommend you check the iD Mobile app or My Account online regularly to monitor your usage and any out-of-plan spend.

Agent: Please be advised that you were notified about this and you would need to keep your bill cap at £0.00

Me: All I want to know is what the out of plan charges are for. There is currently no way of seeing this via the app or my account.

Agent: Kindly be advised that you will receive the invoice on 1/10/2024 it will be detailed and you will need to keep your bill cap at £0.00 so that you will not be charged extra.

Me: That's not what I'm asking. I just want to know what the charges are for. Are you able to see this information or not?

Agent: Kindly be advised that I'm not able to see the information yet since the invoice is not generated yet.

Basically a load of scripted waffle not answering the question I’d asked and then eventually telling me they couldn’t see the information.

Is it really true that customer services can’t view my account details and billing in real time? If not, why not?

Hi @BrammyOwl 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom