Skip to main content

I had a monthly 60GB plan for £10/month. Just after it charged me for another month, I decided to upgrade my plan.

The new plan is an annual 100GB/month, for £10/month, with the first three months free.

I was sent information to say that I had used all roaming data and would be charged in future, though I have used no roaming data at all. I have also been charged for another month though I should not have been. I should be getting almost four months without payment, since I had just paid before my upgrade.

Hi @caledon 

This is normal, this text is sent after upgrading and won’t affect your new upgraded plan. Roaming will still work as normal.

Tom

Thanks for that. What about the fact that they are charging me when I should be in a free period?

Hi @caledon,

Do you have confirmation of the first three months being free?

Please contact our Live Chat Team and they will take a quick look into this.

Kash

The upgrade link in the phone app said so. I rarely use my mobile, so I didn't need the extra data. But signing up for a year, and saving some money seemed like a no-brainer. Surely idmobile keeps track of the upgrade offers they make to customers?

I don't know how to use Live Chat. That's why I'm asking about it here. 

I've just checked my emails. None of them mention the first three months being free, but the now gone upgrade link in the app definitely did. I'm starting to feel like I've been lured under false pretences into signing up for a year. A 5GB data limit would realistically be plenty for me. I just went for the larger limit as a backup to my home broadband.

Hi @caledon,

Do you have confirmation of the first three months being free?

Please contact our Live Chat Team and they will take a quick look into this.

Kash

Only the link in the app referred to the 3 free months. My emails don’t mention it. I’ve been trying the ‘Live Chat’. It is just a chatbot. It doesn’t understand my questions. How can a communicate with a real person using it?

Hey there @caledon, to get through to the live-chat agents, please follow the below:

1) Type "Hi"

2) Type your issue in brief

3) Type "Speak to an agent"

4) Click on "Customer Service" from the options provided

5) Type your full name

6) Type your mobile number

Thanks,

Tyler