Missed Payments On Credit File. | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice.
Question

Missed Payments On Credit File.

• 27 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I was recently checking my credit history, noticed 3x missed payments from ‘Carphone Warehouse’ registered back in 2017.

It was some time ago, but I dug into my email history all was revealed.

In In 2017 I purchased a Sim Only ID Mobile account. however the Sim failed to arrive and I cancelled the service within the 14 day cooling off period. No SIM card was ever used or received.

I contacted ID by phone to notify them of the cancellation.

later I received a letter from them asking for £1.10 payment as a ‘service charge’. I contacted their customer services by FB messenger disputing this payment (no service was ever used and no sim was ever received.) The FB staff agreed that this was incorrect and the charge was refunded. I still have this conversation in my message history.

However, now four years later the three missed payments have appeared on the credit file. Obviously unbeknown to me, this fraudulent activity by ID has adversely affected my otherwise perfect credit history. Making potential lenders believe I have defaulted on payments.

can this be rectified ASAP please? I did not default on any payments and you have acted fraudulently and without notifying me in any way.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Rich Rich,

We are very sorry to hear about this situation. We’ll send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?