Question

Calls from Vectone mobile

• 30 August 2018
  • 3 replies

My wife and my son have vectone mobile number. They are never able to call me on my iD mobile number. Whenever they try they hear a strange voice saying "hello hello you have reached a cursed number lewis lewis....". I tried calling iD and Vectone both and none of them accept it's their fault. They both ask me to go and check with the other. Has anyone else had this sort of issue?

Thanks,
Vinit

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @vinit,

That's a very odd one indeed, despite the very abnormal message you're getting.

It sounds like the wrong number is being connected to.

Since the issue relates to the Vectone network since both of them aren't able to contact you.

It's definitely the first I've heard of this.

Are others able to contact you?

Are you able to contact them?

Mohammed
Hi @Mohammed,
Thanks for your response.
My number works fine, I can call them and everybody else can also call me.
Today I found out that one of my other friend who has vectone sim can't call me either. He said he has the same issue when he calls another friend who has iD sim. So looks like it's happening for all vectone customers they can't call any one on iD. Vectone is difficult to deal with. They straight away put blame on iD. I have given up on this issue.

Thanks,
Vinit
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi @Mohammed,
Thanks for your response.
My number works fine, I can call them and everybody else can also call me.
Today I found out that one of my other friend who has vectone sim can't call me either. He said he has the same issue when he calls another friend who has iD sim. So looks like it's happening for all vectone customers they can't call any one on iD. Vectone is difficult to deal with. They straight away put blame on iD. I have given up on this issue.

Thanks,
Vinit

Thanks for confirming this @vinit

There's not much more I can advise as it sounds like an issue with a specific network not allowing calls to another network.

If your phone is receiving calls and able to make calls to other networks, it would sound like the issue would lie with the other network provider.

We hope you're able to get this sorted.

I'll leave this topic open for now in-case anyone else has support they can provide.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?