Solved

Can’t make calls, texts or use my mobile date.

• 15 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
The past week I’ve been unable to make calls, send texts or use mobile data. Yet I can receive calls and texts. Tried changing the APN settings with Id on live chat to no avail, who then suggested I take it to a shop. Took it in today, they said probably a duff sim, so done a sim swap there and then for me, came home, waited for the sim to change and I’ve still got the same problem. I’m guessing Id have screwed up my settings somewhere maybe? I’m a loss. Any ideas please?
icon

Best answer by Kevin 17 January 2019, 14:29

Hi @Looloobelle1980

Are you fully up to date with your payments? You should be able to find this out within your iD Mobile App or the My Account area online.

On rare occasion we've seen issues we're customers have had a Direct Debit fail, and subsequently been barred for outbound services you see.

If that's not it, then could you possibly pop your iD Mobile SIM in another handset in the house to see if you can make calls/ texts/ use data there? If you can, then that would allude to the problems being specifically with your handset or it's setting's.

It might be worth speaking with our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us to see if they can help if problems still persist.
View original

6 replies

I have the same problem since last week. Loaded my pay as you go SIM with a bundle but didn't work, call the online help, it said currently there seems some issue with the pay as you go customer. need 24 hours for them to give feedback
Userlevel 1
Mine is contract so sounds like this issue is bigger then what they think!!
Ive been told to wait 48 hours for the technical team to contact me. Joke really. Paying all this money for something I can't even use!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi @Looloobelle1980

Are you fully up to date with your payments? You should be able to find this out within your iD Mobile App or the My Account area online.

On rare occasion we've seen issues we're customers have had a Direct Debit fail, and subsequently been barred for outbound services you see.

If that's not it, then could you possibly pop your iD Mobile SIM in another handset in the house to see if you can make calls/ texts/ use data there? If you can, then that would allude to the problems being specifically with your handset or it's setting's.

It might be worth speaking with our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us to see if they can help if problems still persist.
Userlevel 1
Kevin thanks for the response. Yes all paid and up to date never a problem there. My sim was taken out and put in another phone and didn't work and another sim was put in my phone and it worked fine which proves it's a network problem. Spoke to id meant to be getting a message from the technical team today but I doubt it will arrive. I've spoke to live chat already, they are the ones that went through the APN settings with me, then gave up and told me to go to a Carphone warehouse which I did, they are the ones that tried the different Sims and done a sim swap.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Looloobelle1980,

Just checking up on your issue, has it been resolved?

Ryan
Userlevel 1
It has Ryan, as of yesterday. It took 2 weeks but got there eventually. Network problem.