Solved

Emergency calls only? Why?

• 25 March 2019
  • 4 replies

I have tons of data, and the network is fine, why can't I make/receive calls?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 25 March 2019, 09:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Nelsonsgoodeye

There is many reasons why your phone may say " emergency calls only "

* You have purchased second hand phone that has been reported lost or stolen by previous owner.

* You have got Pay as You go Sim that wasn't top up for over a year.

* Replacement Sim cards need to be activated manually in the settings of ID Mobile App

* Arrears on the phone bill may cause "emergency calls only"

* Bad reception in the area you live in or maintenance to the antennas. You can check your postcode here.

*It could be broken hardware on your phone like GSM antenna fault or logic board.

Let us know if any of these is true
Kind Regards
Thanks for that. I went into the shop today where I'd purchased the phone, anď they fixed the fault.

The phone has been reverting to Emergency calls only.  

When the sim card is placed in another phone it works fine,  When the sim is replaced back in the original phone it briefly works but then reverts back to emergency calls only.

The sim card has been used in the original phone for the past 2 years without any issues.  This problem has now persisted for the past 2 weeks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @VijayPatel, sorry to hear about this. Definitely sounds like an issue with the phone. Can you try performing a network reset? This process will vary depending on the make and model of the handset.

If it’s an iPhone, go to Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Android devices vary, but you should be looking for something along the lines of Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings.

Bear in mind, this will also wipe any Wi-Fi passwords, so you’ll need to set these networks up again.

If you’re still having issues after this, you might need to contact our Live Chat team who can take a look into your account for any issues.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?