Question

Having coverage issues when using the phone away from home?

When venturing away from home I am unable to use my phone unless on WiFi I am told that I have to register I’d seem unable to help

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

If you turn off WiFi on the phone when at home @Mikerich34, are you still able to use the handset?

Will

Yes I am now n the net with WiFi off 

mike

Hi  I have been supplied with a replacement sim so I will wait until I go out again to see if it works thanks for your help

mike

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Mikerich34 

What phone are you using with the iD Mobile SIM currently?

Technically speaking, once you’ve bought the SIM it should be working wherever you go.

Do you happen to know if your phone is unlocked to work with any network?  As it sounds like it may potentially be locked to a previous network.

Hi it is an unlocked Samsung s10+ I have been using it for considerable time with ID but during lockdown on the infrequent times i leave home it invariably fails me with the error not registered tonetwork

Mike

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mikerich34,

Is the handset connected to the WiFi when at home? Also, do you have a postcode for your local area we can run a check on for you?

Will

Co

CO12 3TJ  And yes connected to WiFi at home lack of connection both times recently were when in or near Colchester CO1 area

Mike

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Keep us posted @Mikerich34 

We’ll be happy to help if needed.

I regret that though you were very kind to try and help me, I still have no knowledge of why my phone would not work when I most required it.  Thanks again

Moke

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I regret that though you were very kind to try and help me, I still have no knowledge of why my phone would not work when I most required it.  Thanks again

Moke

Hello @Mikerich34,

Sorry, could you just clarify, are you still facing the issues even though a replacement SIM was issued to you?

Mohammed

I have not been out since to test it

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Ah right, thanks @Mikerich34.

Please update us once you’ve had a chance to see how you get on with the new SIM card and we’ll take it from there.

Will

Thanks ok

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mikerich34,

The area shows Excellent Outdoor with Good Indoor coverage. 

The only problem we’ve noted is some congestion picked up around the 25th August due to a high volume of connections at the mast.

There’s a neighbouring mast by Bradfield Post Office, further down the road. This had an outage but we’ve got some planned work that’s taking place to sort this.

Your local mast by the hospital shows no issues though.

Were you close to the neighbouring mast at all?

Mohammed

I was at the hospital on the second occasion I was unregistered and Boxford near Colchester the first time 

mike

Why iD Mobile?