Solved

network coverage sound quality

I am using iPhone 8. I am new to the iD network and am asking if there is a network problem. The sound quality is very poor or none existent when receiving or making calls. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ryan 26 January 2021, 11:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Location. WF8 2DW

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @RonH,

I can’t see any issues in that area at the moment. How long has this been the case? 

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset to see if the issue still exists then?

Will

Yesterday and today.  If the problem persists I will try the SIM in a different handset.  Thanks

Hello Will,  The iPhone in question is a new one and when answering a call it will appear to be normal but withing 30 seconds the sound quality starts to drop until it is barely audible.  I have swapped the sim to another iPhone and will see how it goes.

Hello Will.  The other phone is the same.  Rang my daughter and after about 1 minute the sound went altogether. We were still connected and after about 45 seconds of saying hello to one another the sound gradually came back and then kept fading.  Regards, RonH

Do you know of anything further that could be the cause of my loss of signal.  Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @RonH,

Thank you for giving that a try for us. Have you replicated this issue when away from home out of interest at all? Just trying to see if the issue is localised.

Ryan

Hello Ryan,  Yes the same fading away and then silence as though the network is lost.  It happens away from home too.  Thanks and regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RonH,

Lastly are you able to test the SIM in another handset at all to see if the issue still persists?

This will rule out any handset fault and the next step we’d look at is a replacement SIM to see if this helps.

Mohammed

Hello  Mohammed

Yes I have tried that.  Please read the comments from 6 and 5 days ago.  Thanks and regards, Ron.H

Hello  Mohammed

I have tried the SIM in two iPhones but the problem was still there on phone calls yesterday.  I will try the SIM in a Samsung Galaxy 8 later on today. After that I think that your suggestion of replacing the SIM should be the next step.  Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @RonH 

Did you manage to try the sim in the Samsung Galaxy 8 you mentioned? It seems like the issue may be with the sim card, please let us know how you get on and if the issue persists we will proceed with sending out a replacement sim to you.

-Mohsin

Hello Mohsin, Thanks for the message.  

The iPhone was again losing audible contact yesterday.  I have transferred the SIM to a Samsung Galaxy 8 today and will let you know sometime tomorrow.

Thanks and regards, RonH

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @RonH,

Thanks for keeping us updated. We’ll await your contact to proceed.

Mohammed

Hello.  The first call made using the Galaxy 8 the person being called answered and could hear me speaking but I could not hear them.  The call terminated and they rang back and the audio was then clear.  Other calls made or reeived were intermittent with the audio fading and returning.  Is there anything that could be done with the signal without the SIM change.  Thanks and regards.  Ron.H

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RonH,

Sadly not, as there’s no issues we could find with the coverage at least. 

This could be the expected coverage in the area.

If there’s a fault, we can usually see this on our internal mast checker.

The area only has Good Outdoor and Limited Indoor coverage.

If you’re still within the returns period, perhaps you’d like to look at a return of this?

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed.

I have spoke with Mobiles.co.uk and I am out of the period from which I can make a return.  It would be possible with the agreement of iD, but I have had many phones from them and this is the first time that I have had a problem so I am reluctant to spoil my customer service record with them.  In view of this would it be possible to try the SIM swap.  It may improve the situation.  Regards Ron.H

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @RonH,

I understand. We’ll send you a PM now so we can get you a new SIM card sent out.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?