Question

No internet, but calls, email and iMessage work?

• 17 June 2019
  • 3 replies

For about the last week I seem to have no 3G/4G internet. So far as I can tell, this happens each morning, and lasts into the afternoon. I know that it works sometimes as I was out yesterday evening and had no issues.

I have tried Safari, Google and Firefox and all do the same thing. You try to load a webpage, it attempts to load for about a second, then just goes back to the page you were on.

My emails seem to be updating, I can still send texts/iMessages and calls are unaffected, but not much else that involves the internet.

I have also got strong signal, and everything works fine when connected to WiFi. Occasionally, using a VPN means that the Data does work, but this is not every time.

Any thoughts? Getting very annoying now.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi oliverpaul,
Thanks for using the community for help, we'd like to ask a few more things to see how this can be solved.

Do you usually see 3/4 G on screen?
Do you have access to WiFi during the day or only at home?

Do internet connected apps work ok for you?
Is it just web page/ browsing that is problematic?

Have you thought about resetting network settings ?

Let us know any other information to try and help.
-Phil
Hi Phil,

Yes, the 3G/4G is nearly always showing.
No, not normally any WiFi available during the day.

No, most of the apps don't seem to work.
Only webpages, and the apps that I have tried.

How would I reset the network settings?

It does seem to fix the issue (sometimes) if I turn on Airplane mode, and then turn it off again. Someone has suggested that this might be an issue with the phone, not the network.

Thanks,

Oli
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks for this extra info.

If the service does work then it would indicate the SIM is fine but network coverage/ signal could vary and cause a problem. It's likely that calls would be affecting in the same way.

You can look in Settings> Reset> Reset Network settings (this will forget existing Wifi networks)

If you are able to test the SIM in any other phone to replicate this problem or not, it might help make things clearer.

If it does point to being a phone issues, possibly a backup/ restore or factory data reset might help if it comes to it.
-Phil

Why iD Mobile?