Question

No service, Selected network (vodafone UK not available - Cannot send messages - why?

Userlevel 1

I’ve not been able to send messages for two days now. It does say Emergency calls only on my phone. The internet says the network for ID is Three, although it shows, as above, Vodafone.   In doors at present so connected both to internet and mobile data.  I get Not Registered on Network when I try to ring someone but can access the internet.  So the phone connect seems not to be working.

Help would be appreciated.

15 replies

A couple of people(including me ) have been having this problem, I guess somethings going on with the masts?

Userlevel 1

Hi  Thanks for the reply.  Yesterday it worked again but today nothng.  My hubby is on ID too and got the same, no connection and then suddenly we could, but only from the conservatory at the back of the house.  I will be trying again later today.  We are in Lincolnshire.  I really need the messaging service.  Perhaps it is because ID have given people unlimited minutes so their band is being used more.

Is it possisble to check if the lines are operational or faults?  But it says Vodaphone on my phone but on the internet is says ID uses Three, so I’m not even sure which it is.   Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @janetgr,

I’m sorry to hear that.

It does sound like an issue with the coverage here.

Please can you confirm the full postcode of the affected area and we will try to look at this for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve moved your topic to the Coverage section of our Community.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed   For the last week I’ve not been able to get a phone signal or send or receive messages in my office which is at the front of the house.  I normally don’t have any problem.  I have my phone set so I can use the house wifi or the mobile.  In my office I can get the ID dashboard and the internet but not the phone or messages.  Presumably phone and messages have to come through the mobile signal?

When I go to the conservatory at the back of the house I can get the phone and messages signal.  This has only happened recently.  Occassionally in the past if the phone was not working I would get the message about Vodaphone not working so I assumed ID used the Vodaphone network.

When checking through my phone I found that when I asked it to look for networks it found about 5, Vodaphone being one of them and ID.  It would not connect me to any except ID.  Now I can use the phone in the conservatory at the back of the house but not in my office.  My husband is on ID and he is finding exactly the same.  I get ‘No Service Selected network (ID) not available’ and ‘Emergency Calls only’

My post code is LN13 0ET  I have a Galaxy 6 and he has a J36.

Can I get the house wifi to use the mobile phone e.g. get messages via the house wifi like I did before?

At  home I don‘t use the mobile much for telephoning but I do use it for messaging at lot, as people have to send me information.  And at the moment the only thing I can do is keep going in to the conversatory at the back of the house to see if I have any messages.  A bit awkward.

Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @janetgr 

Have you popped your postcode into our Coverage Checker. It should keep you up to date on any ongoing or known issues in your area. If you have in fact done that and it's stating some problems were only recently fixed, then it could be that things haven't completely gone back to normal yet after any such work.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1
Badge

I wonder when ID will admit they've either throttled half their users or they have huge issues that aren't being addressed.

My signal (HX6), which has been covered by ID just fine for years is still showing as 4G but the speed is so slow that Chrome is triggering "lite mode", which only happens if speeds are at 2G levels. 

If this isn't resolved soon I'll be breaking my contract and won't be paying anther penny.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Gutzdorf 

Sorry to hear you’re having connectivity issues. 

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Pearl, I've spoken to the chat team who told me they checked my area with the coverage tracker and found issues with both 4G and 3G that are "being worked on".

I asked for the coverage tracker link only to be told it mysteriously wasn't available. Minutes later I asked again and bizarrely received the link. I checked myself and there are no issues with either 3/4G at all, good service reported.

This is either an issue that ID are aware of but hiding or they have no idea what's going on. Either way they're lying.

Unfortunately I also have an issue with my direct debit. My technical team are looking into it, but we can't say  for sure when it will be resolved. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Gutzdorf 

Sorry to hear you are having connection issues. 

I am glad to hear they are looking into it and they should get back to you soon.

Hope this resolves the issue quickly

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Gutzdorf 

Sorry to hear you are having connection issues. 

I am glad to hear they are looking into it and they should get back to you soon.

Hope this resolves the issue quickly

Thanks,

Pearl

They are not looking into it. I've spoken to live chat twice now They are doing nothing.

They lied about there being coverage issues. Then insisted there were problems with the "masts". Then offered to send a replacement sim out and for me to update my APN settings. How would these help if it's an outage?

Simply delaying tactics and absolutely zero help offered and no assurance that the problem will be fixed.

Userlevel 1

This is kind of funny… in a not nice way.  I just got 13 emails from an operator sent 2 hours ago saying exactly the same thing: Contact help desk.  I am still only able to get or send a message by sitting in my conservatory, which when needing codes from the bank is a big problem.  Nothing is working on my phone with ID unless I sit in the conservatory.  Yesterday it took 4 hours for a message from my husbands ID phone to reach me (in the conservatory).  I cannot see me continuing with iD which is pity because I’ve been with them for years and it has always worked well before.  But the conservatory is freezing cold in the winter …….

Userlevel 1

PS When I tried the coverage checker link it says the ULR was rejected……..  Please just tell us - if there is a problem with the mast it is out of our hands, and yours.

Userlevel 1
Badge

My guess is that they're winding up the business. It seems everyone has this issue and the skeleton staff are just delaying people with nonsensical fixes (how can a new SIM card help if there is an outage?).

I'm cancelling my direct debit, I'm not paying for a service that isn't being provided. Thankfully I'm out of contract in a month or two anyway.

Userlevel 1

Their web site is not working now. So………….. pity.

Why iD Mobile?