Question

Poor coverage, emergency calls only

Hi,

I have had the same problem that I see others on here have been having, in Berkshire. The coverage map says coverage is really good for my area but I too have been getting really poor reception ever since lockdown - calls not coming through and people having to leave voice messages that are only picked up later, ‘emergency calls only’ on a frequent basis, and so on. Any advice?

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @skyskysunsun 

Have you popped your postcode into our Coverage Checker: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker 

That should keep you up to date on any ongoing or known issues in your area. If you have in fact done that and it's stating some problems were only recently fixed, then it could be that things haven't completely gone back to normal yet after any such work.

Where you receiving decent service when you first received the SIM? If so, we should expect it won't be too long until things are all back to normal and will continue that way from there.

Let us know.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Hi.

I too live in Berkshire (RG5 area) and experience exactly the same problems with iD signal receiving. I have tried the strength check (no problems identified) and my SIM in other smart phones (same difficulty). I have had the same SIM card for over three years now, it used to work fine.

My wife recently joined iD mobile and her reception is good. Could my older SIM card have become corrupted?

Many thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Andrew 123,

If your wife is with us and isn’t having the issue, it may well be the SIM card. How long have you had it for?

Will

Why iD Mobile?