Question

Signal problems

• 18 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, joined a week ago and the signal coverage is absolutely awful! Used 5gb in data over 6 days as it’s constantly seeking a network! This is going to be a very long 24 months as even Carphone warehouse won’t accept this return. Please help ASAP!!

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Hadders15 

I’m sorry to hear that.

Have you tried restarting your phone and removing the SIM? 

If not, you can check your coverage status https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage  to find any issues that may be reported recently .

You can also check our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, joined a week ago and the signal coverage is absolutely awful! Used 5gb in data over 6 days as it’s constantly seeking a network! This is going to be a very long 24 months as even Carphone warehouse won’t accept this return. Please help ASAP!!

You need to cancel the contract ASAP. Everyone has connection issues, the 4g is barely equivalent to 2g and the support is non existent.

I lost signal about 18 hours ago with request for me to contact provider.

Still no signal, post code <removed postcode>

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @John Hooper 

I’ve removed the postcode just to keep any sort of personal details of yours private.

Checking the postcode though, it appears some planned work is due to take place on the mast closest to you to fix recent issues with 4G.
In your Mobile Data settings in your phone, it might be worth telling your phone to only connect via 3G frequencies currently, though these may be a little more congested than usual due to the 4G issues.

Hopefully it shouldn’t be too long till things are back to normal.

If your phone supports WiFi calling, then please turn this on as this will use any WiFi (at home, etc) to boost your network signal.
More on that here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Gutzdorf 

Did you manage to get help from Live Chat?  If you need help still, let us know here and we’ll PM you if need be.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Gutzdorf

Did you manage to get help from Live Chat?  If you need help still, let us know here and we’ll PM you if need be.

Three have major network issues which obviously means iD also do too so yes, iD allowed me to cancel my contract and waived any fees/payments.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry to hear about the issues in your area @Gutzdorf, but I’m glad to hear we came to an agreeable arrangement for you. All the best, and let us know if you ever need anything else.

Thank you,

Rory

I have no signal for 3 months but am still paying my monthly bill.  How do you get to speak to someone????

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

No widespread outages anywhere should have had that happen to you @leswild.  It sounds like it could potentially be an issue with your phone -or- a setting within it.

Are you able to try popping the iD Mobile SIM into another phone in your household to confirm if things are working fine there?

Please keep us posted and we’ll do all we can to help further troubleshooting this as needed.

Why iD Mobile?