Question

Unable to call in certain rooms in the house

• 1 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I am unable to ring or receive calls on my mobile when I am downstairs.  If I need to make a call I either have to go outside or upstairs.  If anybody is going to ring me they have to text me first so I can move to get the signal

Is there an app or something that I can get that can improve my signal downstairs?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +10

@PeteB

A very frustrating situation to be in, I have similar issues in one property:

The location and characteristics of a property can affect mobile signal indoors. Thick walls, metal window frames, ceilings, pillars, or basement rooms can all impair coverage. Signal may also be blocked if the property is in the ‘shadow’ of a hill or large building. 

ID Mobile offers a way to make calls using a wifi connection. This can be a good solution if your home has poor mobile coverage but a good wifi connection. You can do this using ‘wifi calling’, however, not all mobile phones are compatible with wifi calling. 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Unfortunately I do not have WI Fi but I am thinking about getting it installed.  I never had this problem with ID Mobile until 2 months ago.  Got no access to the internet unless I was upstairs and I could call throughout the house and for some reason its changed!!  I have been speaking to ID and they have given me a couple of suggestion but they havent worked.  Was wondering if there was an app or something that I can download to boost the signal

Badge +10

@PeteB

Yes there sure are apps, but only ever use apps from the store ! never tried any myself.

try searching google store or iphone store for: signal booster

Only ever install software or download an app from the official store or website for your mobile.

Why iD Mobile?