Question

very poor coverage newquay Cornwall

• 3 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Good morning we are currently on holiday in our caravan which is fitted with a 4g router and external antenna and the coverage is poor to out it kindly we are getting less than 2 mbps on download and upload this is very disappointing as we the kids haven't been able to watch any films during the rainy days and at night.we have only just come over to id from giffgaff which was much better in the same area very very disappointed 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Cressy69,

Have you a postcode of the area so that we can run a quick check for you too see if there is maintenance going on there?

Will

Tr8 4jn

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Cressy69, I can see there’s been some congestion on the local 3G and 4G masts for the last few days which is likely causing some issues. We do apologise for any inconvenience, hopefully things pick up soon. 

In the meantime, it might be worth restarting the phone(s) and resetting the network settings. If you let me know the make and model of the phone(s), I can walk you through this, or a quick Google search should help!

Thank you,

Rory

Were just about to set off home so if it does come good its to late and we turned the router off and phones and it made no difference at all but it would as like you have just said there has been "congestion" on the local masts!

Thanks Paul 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry if your holiday was impacted at all, @Cressy69 :(

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?