Solved

Voicemail Notification when no coverage?

Hi,
I cannot send premium text messages. Whenever I try, I get 'error code 28'. I've gone into my settings and checked that premium messages are allowed (turned off and back on again), and have tried removing and reinserting my SIM card.
I also get a notification that I have voicemail messages appear every time I lose signal - but when I call my voicemail there are no messages. This has been happening ever since I changed over to iD last October.
Not sure if the two issues are linked in some way?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 20 July 2018, 15:58

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @jessica2110,

Welcome to the iD community!

We're sorry to hear about those issues. We'll have to look into this further. Please can you contact our Live Chat team regarding these issues? That way, someone can view your account to see what can be done to sort this once and for all.

Ryan
Hi @jessica2110,

Welcome to the iD community!

We're sorry to hear about those issues. We'll have to look into this further. Please can you contact our Live Chat team regarding these issues? That way, someone can view your account to see what can be done to sort this once and for all.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have made multiple attempts to contact your team (at different times in the day too) but every time I try, it says no-one is available. Luckily, my tech-savvy friend has fixed this for me. Something to do with the APN.

Now I have another issue I'd love to get fixed. Every time I lose signal, I get a notification that I have a voicemail, except there isn't one there. It's been happening since I switched over to iD last October. Unfortunately it happens quite often as the changing rooms and bike storage facilities at work are underground. My solution has been to put my phone on 'do not disturb' during the weekday, so it wouldn't bring up a notification, but now I have purchased a new Garmin watch and it is vibrating every 15 seconds to notify me about the phantom voicemail. Is there any way this notification can be stopped? I've tried reseting the network, doing a factory reset on the phone and even looked into clearing the cache on the phone services app (which wasn't possible).
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @jessica2110

By any chance, when you joined us in October, did you port your number over to us?

Have you tried turning Voicemail off and on?

Mohammed

EDIT: I've moved your topic to a new topic and renamed this for clarity.
Hi Mohammed,

Yes I did port my number across when I joined.
I've turned voicemail on and off again, and was even receiving the notification when it was turned off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Mohammed,

Yes I did port my number across when I joined.
I've turned voicemail on and off again, and was even receiving the notification when it was turned off.

That makes sense.

It sounds like your issue was caused due to a voicemail being left whilst your port was in progress. This phantom voicemail notification will keep re-occurring and is something that should be easily sorted by contacting us directly.

I have PMed you with how we can go about solving this.

Mohammed
Hi,

i’m having the same problem with the voicemail.
Did this get solved?
multiple calls to idmobile and they have asked me to check with my previous provider(didnt work as they said i’m not their cusromer anymore) .
asked me to use a different phone, which i don’t have, and why would it be a phone problem when it was not a problem until i joined id

I am having the same issue of this “phantom voicemail notification” every time i lose signal can anyone give me a solution please?

thanks

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Chris.Disley 

Please turn off the Voicemail notification through settings and then turn it back on to see if this helps. Let us know how you get on.

-Mohsin

Hi Moshin,

i tried this yesterday and was still receiving the notification when it was switched off.

thanks

chris 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Chris.Disley 

Have you tried deleting some messages from your voicemail inbox to see if this helps? 

-Mohsin

When i call the voicemail is says my voicemail inbox is empty, i only seem to get the notification when i lose signal?

Thanks,

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Chris.Disley 

We will send you a Private Message so we can escalate this one to our Tech Team. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?