WiFi Calling

• 31 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I am ready to start using WiFi Calling but not quite there yet. I checked software update, all ok. followed  Kash’s suggestions, scrolled down to the WiFi Calling and switched on . Then what?

It seems to need something more before it starts working.

Thaddeus

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Thaddeus 

Could you let me know which handset are you using currently? This will help us to narrow down potential problem. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Hey @Thaddeus 

Could you let me know which handset are you using currently? This will help us to narrow down potential problem. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Thanks Gregor

My handset is SM-A 105FN. It is Wi-Fi Calling compatible and I have happily used it for about 4 months.

When it worked you could see the icon for the  Wi-Fi Calling at the top right hand side of the screen. Now I can’t see it. After some messing about I think it may be working now but I can’t tell if it is or not.

Wi-Fi Calling is so useful, I am surprised that the industry is not putting in more of an effort to help people to acquire it if they need it.

Thaddeus

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Thaddeus 

What make is the phone itself?  I can’t say I’ve heard of that model of anything myself and it doesn’t sound like anything that’s officially supported for WiFi calling with ourselves (list here).

It’s likely that if things aren’t working when you toggle WiFi calling on that we’re unable to support that feature with your current phone.

Why iD Mobile?