Question

WiFi Calling not working?

i used to get WiFi calling at home but this has now stopped. I can still get it at work. I have reset the router and have tried resetting the Network settings in my iPhone.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Swannie,

Welcome to the community.

Which iPhone are you using this with?

Has anything changed at home in regards to your WiFi setup like the provider/router?

Mohammed
Hi

Nothing has changed. I have an iPhone 5SE.

i used to get WiFi calling on this phone.

i have reset the phone and the WiFi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Swannie,

iPhone SE is on our supported list for WiFi calling.

Which version of iOS are you using?

You mentioned that it works at your workplace but just not at home, have you tested this again at work recently?

Mohammed
Hi

Yes was at work today and was working on WiFi.

IOS 13 I think which is the latest version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks for confirming this for me @Swannie,

I'll pick this up with you via PM.
Can you check this?

Mohammed
Hi, I have very recently moved from EE, where WiFi calling on my IPhone 5s worked fine at home where there is an unreliable network coverage, to ID where it doesn’t work at all. My settings show ID WiFi Call, Carier settings are ID32.0 and my iOS is version 11.4.1. The phone is on your supported list. Can you help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi, I have very recently moved from EE, where WiFi calling on my IPhone 5s worked fine at home where there is an unreliable network coverage, to ID where it doesn’t work at all. My settings show ID WiFi Call, Carier settings are ID32.0 and my iOS is version 11.4.1. The phone is on your supported list. Can you help?

Hello @David684,

I've replied already to your PM you sent in.

Would you be able to take a look?

Mohammed
Did you find a solution for this?
I have a similar issue. was previously on EE and WiFi calling worked well - this is important for me because i'm in a poor indoor reception area for iD/3 network.
Now that I have changed to ID mobile sim I find that I often have the calls drop after a minute or so (this can happen several times in a row).

I tried contacting ID mobile chat and got the following response:
"This is device issue, as this is a connection with the WIFi. This is not directly with our network, however as it is allowing WhatsApp calls this would be a issue with WiFi calling and would mean this is a device issue."
"You can escalate it with your WiFi provider, that is correct however we do not provide the WiFi calling and why it needs to be routed through a third party WiFi. We only provide the minutes, however we do not provide the coverage to make the call."
"That is why, I am saying that we should a look on the phone as it does seem a issue on the settings for WiFi calling and this is why it cuts WiFi calling"

Is my device not supported and are there any settings i should check are in place? ;-)

iPhone X 256GB model MQAF2B/A
IOS : 12.1.4 (NB this may be a newer version than when i had EE sim, but the rest is the same (broadband/wifi 802.11ac/iphone X)
Carrier ID 35.1
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @NC1122,

Where did you originally purchase your phone from? Sometimes, the network may have pre-installed firmware on their devices which can cause the feature to not work when used with other networks.

Ryan
Hi,
The iPhone was purchased directly from apple.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi @NC1122, thanks.

This should allow the phone to work as expected, have you ever tested it on any other WiFi networks?

Does your WiFi connection drop or just the call that your on?

You can try to forget, then reconnect to the WiFi network if you have any issues, as well as restarting the router.

There's not other changes that we could suggest at this time but let us know.
-Phil

Why iD Mobile?